• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
    "Quote:
    Originally Posted by Br. James View Post
    You are a friend indeed!! Br. James

That is how you look at it, mr. Br. James. Some (from another forum) have problems with that word.
    But by now they may know what they are missing, since I do not cooperate anymore!"

No worries, Wim...as the old saying goes: "Their loss is our gain!!" I don't concern myself with such matters; it's good to have you here with us!!

Br. James
    Agree with you James!
    Gian.

Comment

nice

I have followed this with interest and have learned a thing or two from it .
      As BR James said nice that you are here .
      It is far better to have a small group of informed people,
      rather than a pack of yapping dogs.
      I love this forum.
      Best regards Pete

Comment

Amen, Pete -- AMEN!!

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Agree--we are indeed fortunate!
          Erich
          Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
            Looks good and it has a good chance, but I have problems with the look of the kidney formed shield.
            The material should shine like hell, as it is nickled. One can use it as a mirror. Here it is dull, but that could be due to a patina and it was not
            cleaned for many years.
            The inner of the letters NSFK is as it should be (a slight pebbling, may I say so).

The backing-color is okay. As far as is known the color should be graygreenish cloth (in the regulation from September 3, 1937 it specifically
            is said: mit grünem Tuch gefüttert). So, no black backing.
            There is no marking at the tang (at those inspected). It is said in the past it should be RZM marked, but the RZM had nothing to do with the
            NSFK (nicht zuständig).

I do not understand why buying it when you do not collect them and then selling it again. To make profit? I do not discuss prices….
            what do you care why he is buying it? How is that anyone's business but his,why he's buying it? Sometimes you say some rude stuff Mr.Saris with all do respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick E View Post
              what do you care why he is buying it? How is that anyone's business but his,why he's buying it? Sometimes you say some rude stuff Mr.Saris with all do respect.

Old school perhaps

Comment

The finish may have worn off from being polish or it may be faded or oxidized from the storage conditions. I can not say for sure from the photos. If you clean it to restore the shine use something without strong abrasives so as not to put tiny little scratches into the finish.

Comment

OK, thanks again everyone for the great discussion on this gorget.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X