Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSDAP Album Page, Translation and Information Request

Greetings all!

I have just purchased a small photo/Wehrpass grouping that includes a photo album. Inside the album is the following page. Would someone be so kind as to give me a translation? I have input it into bablefish but the results were less than satisfactory. I have also searched in the Political and Photo sections of the forum without any luck.

I'm also including a photo of the outside of the album. It is named inside to a soldat. Unfortunately there are no private photos inside the album, but it does have official political and unit photos. Any information you can give about this album is greatly appreciated as well!

Thanks in advance for your time!

Kevin
    Attached Files

It says:

„In loyalty and thankfulness welcomes the homeland its brave sons, which fought and won for Grand-Germany’s freedom.

In remembrance of this fight and victory
    from the NSDAP county administration Rybnik

handed over

Rybnik OS, the 24th of December 1943“

Comment

In Faith and Gratitude the Homeland welcome their courageous Sons who fight and win for Greater Germany's Freedom.

In Remembrance of this Combat and Victory

Presented by the NSDAP, Kreisleitung Rybnik

Rybnik, OberSchliessen (Upper Silesia), the 24th of December 1942

Signature

Oberbereichsleiter

Comment

Originally posted by ivbaust View Post
        It says:

„In loyalty and thankfulness welcomes the homeland its brave sons, which fought and won for Grand-Germany’s freedom.

In remembrance of this fight and victory
        from the NSDAP county administration Rybnik

handed over

Rybnik OS, the 24th of December 1943“
        Originally posted by JoeW View Post
        In Faith and Gratitude the Homeland welcome their courageous Sons who fight and win for Greater Germany's Freedom.

In Remembrance of this Combat and Victory

Presented by the NSDAP, Kreisleitung Rybnik

Rybnik, OberSchliessen (Upper Silesia), the 24th of December 1942

Signature

Oberbereichsleiter
        Thank you both, ivbaust and JoeW, for taking the time to help me out with the translation! It is much appreciated!

Kevin

Comment

refined

Another version: In fidelity and gratitude the homeland salutes its brave sons who fought and conquered for the freedom of Greater Germany. Presented in remembrance of this struggle and victory by the county NSDAP leadership of Rybnik, Upper Silesia.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinS View Post
            Thank you both, ivbaust and JoeW, for taking the time to help me out with the translation! It is much appreciated!

Kevin
            Sorry for the date typo. I would dump Babelfish and use Google Translator. Very good system.
            https://translate.google.com/

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
              Another version: In fidelity and gratitude the homeland salutes its brave sons who fought and conquered for the freedom of Greater Germany. Presented in remembrance of this struggle and victory by the county NSDAP leadership of Rybnik, Upper Silesia.
              Thank you pauke!

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
              Sorry for the date typo. I would dump Babelfish and use Google Translator. Very good system.
              https://translate.google.com/
              No worries on the typo JoeW. And thank you for the Google Translator link. It does look like a much better system!

Another question if y'all don't mind; would this album have been given to someone who simply served/returned from the front? Or possibly given to the family of someone who was killed during the war?

Thanks for your help everyone!

Kevin

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X