Coburg badge Case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coburg badge Case?

Has anyone ever saw or has references if a Coburg badge with print on top ever existed?

Originally posted by Robert H View Post
    Has anyone ever saw or has references if a Coburg badge with print on top ever existed?
    The short answer is no. Most feel they came in envelopes.

Comment

There was a cardboard box with a typed name which was sold together with the badge from an old HH auction. Not saying that there's provenance to it. But just making a note.

Mil

Comment

the above one is then a copy? are the more on the market like this one?

Comment

Yes it’s a copy.

Comment

the shown case is a modern copy, a collector-friend says it is coming from Hungary. it was offered to me for an exceptionel price and I was allowed to make some pics.

Comment

There was no original, so this is not a copy. It is a fabrication for gullible collectors.

Comment

Originally posted by Military View Post
                There was a cardboard box with a typed name which was sold together with the badge from an old HH auction. Not saying that there's provenance to it. But just making a note.

Mil

At a cost of RM 1,50 each for the badges, I can see a very cheap cardboard container of some kind in lieu of a heavy paper wrapper. But no typed name, as they didn't know who would be there before preparation. So the HH offering was probably a fabrication.

Comment

Absolutely correct, a fantasy case, offered for € 1000,-

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
                    Yes it’s a copy.
                    When I wrote copy, I meant it’s a fantasy item.

Comment

thank you for further infos.
                      Then I assume the red boxes that certain times show up are as well questionable.

Comment

Hi,

on a similar level, a crook did the same for the "pimped" silver (infact bronze model with enamel of the runes repaired) Germanische Leistungsrune on HH 63 which included a bogus fantasy cardboard box stamped "S"...

See You

Vince

Comment

Here's a related question: How were additional copies of Coburg Badges (and Blood Orders, as well) distributed? Did they have to be ordered through the particular Committee in the Schwarz Office in Munich, or were they available at the local NSDAP retail shops -- with Besitzurkunde identification, of course? Could these additional copies, legitimately ordered and purchased, have been received by each Träger in a fitted presentation case, or were they sent out from Munich in paper envelopes, as additional copies of the GPB were?

Br. James

Comment

An interesting question Br. James. I would assume it would be the same as the other Ehrenzeichen of the NSDAP like the BO and GPB. Applications and requests would have been forwarded to the appropriate department of Schwarz's office the necessary paperwork for the desired award through their respective party level treasurer. Assuming the paperwork was in order, the award would be prepared and sent with payment received by the Reichsleitung.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X