SA Kepi on Estand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gunny 249 View Post
    I am just curious, if this is such a common fake there must be threads about them but I have yet to find one. If they are so common why can I not find another sample of one on the internet. I am at the sos and max every year looking for kepi's but have never seen one like this before. If this is a modern repo as claimed then they would be manufactured the same so surely you have photos of others that can prove your claim other then an opinion. I am not trying to start arguments but if you are going to make a claim then I expect details and other similar examples. I am under the impression that this is an original item and has been seen by many dealers and collector's and not one of them has ever questioned it's authenticity. I am not trying to be ignorant and if it is a repo then I want to know because I have to issue a refund then I have to hunt down a dealer and get my money back but there better be some proof other then an opinion. This kepi is not cheaply made and a solid construction.
    BTW, who was the dealer that sold this, and who were the individuals that gave this cap a thumbs up?
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

To add to Stonemint's comment: the brown fabric is different than that which will be found on period kepis, piping is incorrect, construction is unlike that of original kepis.
      Erich
      Last edited by Erich B.; 04-30-2018, 03:27 PM.
      Festina lente!

Comment

I would still like to know who sold it and who vetted it.
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Silence? I hope not. Important to get an answer.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
          X