• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Kepi on Estand

Needs to be discussed:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=959194
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

IMO a faked kepi. Has anybody saved the photos of the sales ad? Unfortunately the sales ad has been removed already. It would be great to keep this one ...

Comment

Here you go:
      Attached Files
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I didn't see this one on the e-stand, but it's an interesting fake. I'd be curious to know where it was made. Luckily, just about every aspect of the kepi was incorrect, so it's interesting to see that someone went to a lot of trouble for nothing.
        Erich
        Festina lente!

Comment

Interesting is also the stamp inside on the sweatband. It says “Stadtbühne Chemnitz“, which means „city arena Chemnitz“ (or city stage Chemnitz).

Could be therefore a postwar piece from a theatre in the city of Chemnitz.

Comment

Gents, it is part of a series of high-end ground-up fakes that came to the market in the '90s (& are still being sold as originals at all the major shows).
            You will see them with not only CW logos, but Leparo, Erel, Mueller, Weber, etc.

Rarely do they have an RZM tag (they are supposedly "private purchase").
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I am just curious, if this is such a common fake there must be threads about them but I have yet to find one. If they are so common why can I not find another sample of one on the internet. I am at the sos and max every year looking for kepi's but have never seen one like this before. If this is a modern repo as claimed then they would be manufactured the same so surely you have photos of others that can prove your claim other then an opinion. I am not trying to start arguments but if you are going to make a claim then I expect details and other similar examples. I am under the impression that this is an original item and has been seen by many dealers and collector's and not one of them has ever questioned it's authenticity. I am not trying to be ignorant and if it is a repo then I want to know because I have to issue a refund then I have to hunt down a dealer and get my money back but there better be some proof other then an opinion. This kepi is not cheaply made and a solid construction.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunny 249 View Post
                I am just curious, if this is such a common fake there must be threads about them but I have yet to find one. ...
                Here’s such a thread: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=791770

Comment

Faked NSKK kepi: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...highlight=Nskk

Comment

Another thread: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...highlight=Nskk

Comment

And another one: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...highlight=kepi

Comment

I’m also attending larger shows in the US and Germany. But it was always difficult to find nice original kepis. Lots of fakes out here. Nice, original kepis are pretty rare IMO. It took me around 10 years to get all the headgear for this photo. The most difficult to find is on the top
                        Attached Files

Comment

Post 8, 10, 11, and 12 still says nothing pertaining to the kepi in question and has no similarity to the kepi in question. Post 9 has a kepi close to the color but different construction and grommets are different. The kepi in question shows minor wear. Keep in mind in the past it was common to use a hat box. Please feel free to provide evidence to the fake / repo claim.

Comment

The easiest tells are:

1. The CW logo is incorrect for the period;
                            2. The faker got the CW logo wrong in its execution;
                            3. The Tresse is of the "zickzacktresse" pattern, when it should have two "Balletten";
                            4. It lacks an RZM tag;
                            5. Button is incorrect.
                            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Here is a real one for this rank--compare:
                              Attached Files
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                              X