AH jacket on HH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Christian J View Post
    I don't believe the mythos of AH will die any time soon. Common stuff in our hobby, yes, but not this kind of caliber item.
    Hallo Christian

In this case the buyer should be ready to pay huge money, according to the logic of the struggle for survival. From an historical point of view, I think, however, that an object of this type has the same value of the jacket of an infantry corporal, found in a chicken coop. After all, even AH began his military career, according to his detractors, as a bohemian corporal.

As always, just my humble opinion.

Marcello

Comment

I collect since some decades some others even more decades. I have seen people with mostly no income and persons who would purchased this AH jacket when the eagle would still be there. The hobby of course has different items and values, I assume someone who has not much money gets as an example a 500 Euro Allach piece has similar happy feelings maybe as the AH tunic buyer who knows.

For others is an a DE Flag the crown for others the mint
      SA dagger. It is maybe a quite psychological hobby, similar to the car market.

But anyhow the market is still on the usually for nice stuff example nice cuffbands, skulls, and so on since decades.

Comment

And no Napoleon France material either...

Originally posted by Christian J View Post
        I don't believe the mythos of AH will die any time soon. Common stuff in our hobby, yes, but not this kind of caliber item.

Comment

You are right because the German militaria has always required higher prices, at least with reference to the TR period. This is the reason I mentioned that theoretically eBay promised to allow collectors from other countries the access to a free and private electronic market. The promise has been betrayed for profit and ideological motivations. Also I have started collecting military items about forty years ago and now I wonder how a young collector can feed decently today his passion. But this is another story, I understand that here we are speaking about the GröFaZ jacket ... for those who do not speak German: größter Feldherr aller Zeiten ... an almost unique piece in the world.

Comment

Sure it's the jacket from a megalomaniac corporal, but that doesn't change the fact that he will be remembered long after the memories of his defeaters is gone. As Robert pointed out; Napoleon is another example.

Originally posted by enorepap View Post
            You are right because the German militaria has always required higher prices, at least with reference to the TR period. This is the reason I mentioned that theoretically eBay promised to allow collectors from other countries the access to a free and private electronic market. The promise has been betrayed for profit and ideological motivations. Also I have started collecting military items about forty years ago and now I wonder how a young collector can feed decently today his passion. But this is another story, I understand that here we are speaking about the GröFaZ jacket ... for those who do not speak German: größter Feldherr aller Zeiten ... an almost unique piece in the world.

Comment

Hallo Christian

I agree with you.

It is the jacket of one of the men who made the history of modern times, such as Julius Caesar of the ancient ones.

Marcello

Comment

The jacket aside, I watched that auction live and the hobby is very much alive and well. Even regular AH napkins were hitting four figures, which is a lot for an auction - not to mention some other great pieces that fetched heady amounts.

There will always be a market for quality high-end pieces.

Comment

Believe me banks could care less about some AH tunic for EUR 275k+ as an investment object.

The achieved price (for the tunic and the other items) shows the market is not dead, but also that the hobby has a certain ceiling, which in IMO is not really that high compared to more popular collecting fields. "TR" is what it is, unpopular and rather middle class.

There are plenty of people who make EUR 300k a month and they're not movies stars or CEOs, trust me. Enjoyment for the item comes first. Investment second or third. It usually is a positive side effect.

I can honestly say I did not buy this historical tunic (not my collecting field), but I congratulate the collector who did.

Cheers!
                  Markus
                  Last edited by markus; 06-18-2016, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Yes, I was bidding on a few items and won nothing. The other big AH items went sky high...socks/tie/scarf lot went for 18,000 Euros(estimated at 500-600), trousers 62,000 Euros(estimated at 3000-3600) and rain cape 38,000 Euros(estimated at 2500-3000). Whoever came up with the estimates is really bad at their job..

Comment

The next things to start rising crazy will be AH silverware and other silver items , wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by Coltsnsox07 View Post
                        Yes, I was bidding on a few items and won nothing. The other big AH items went sky high...socks/tie/scarf lot went for 18,000 Euros(estimated at 500-600), trousers 62,000 Euros(estimated at 3000-3600) and rain cape 38,000 Euros(estimated at 2500-3000). Whoever came up with the estimates is really bad at their job..
                        Sometime it is better to state a much lower estimate in order to build up the bidding " atmosphere".

Comment

It's not too hard to work out where the jacket and most of the other good stuff probably went. Kev already owns Hitlers' G4 Mercedes, his personal sketches of Eva, the 5 foot stone eagle from the Berchtesgaden and Hitlers' white dress suit. Kev sleeps in Hitlers bed- and has the largest collection of Hitler busts in the world- this guy is one passionate collector and at least we know where the treasures are and that they have not just disappeared underground into the hands of some nameless tycoon:

http://nypost.com/2015/06/27/meet-th...zi-collection/

It does sort of make my own collection (and the 25 years I spent collecting it) seem a little humble and insignificant though- oh well, that's life,

Cheers,

Comment

Originally posted by mloppkit View Post
                            It's not too hard to work out where the jacket and most of the other good stuff probably went. Kev already owns Hitlers' G4 Mercedes, his personal sketches of Eva, the 5 foot stone eagle from the Berchtesgaden and Hitlers' white dress suit. Kev sleeps in Hitlers bed- and has the largest collection of Hitler busts in the world- this guy is one passionate collector and at least we know where the treasures are and that they have not just disappeared underground into the hands of some nameless tycoon:

http://nypost.com/2015/06/27/meet-th...zi-collection/

It does sort of make my own collection (and the 25 years I spent collecting it) seem a little humble and insignificant though- oh well, that's life,

Cheers,
                            i'll bet this guy has been taken to the cleaners dealers will have 'gotten in to him' for sure, would be interesting to see how much real stuff he has. Makes me laugh he 'always is in the right place/the call/the luck, these are the traits he has been 'seen to'.His story about the Landsberg items, strange, as the prison is still there

Comment

Hallo mloppkit

Not a little humble and insignificant though

The article is very interesting, but it exudes a subtle and politically motivated hatred. It is clear that the Guardian and the journalist would have preferred to see in London the heroic muscovite friends. At this point, I would ask the IWM to scrap the Jagdpanther and everything else they own, not having worked hard to get it ... along with all the rest of Victorian colonialism

Comment

Originally posted by chen View Post
                                Sometime it is better to state a much lower estimate in order to build up the bidding " atmosphere".
                                Definitely.

Pierre

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 12 users online. 0 members and 12 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X