AH jacket on HH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AH jacket on HH

Does anyone has more info on this jacket ?
    It's the first time Ive seen this jacket, I didn't know about its existence.
    Attached Files

prob Lattimer collection....he had the only grey 4 pocket jacket plus those Nürnberg process pics

Comment

Very nice!!

What would be the estimated end price on this auction?

Comment

yes its def the late Dr Lattimers collection...she offered me the jacket a while ago after he passed away along with Hitlers socks etc.. but was asking very silly money.
        the left sleeve was ripped but appears restored in pic...someone according to the Dr ripped off the eagle.

The HH starting bid is 30k.
        Last edited by praubal; 05-27-2016, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Why would the awards be attached to this tunic without loops/ award holes?
          Holters would know which awards he's wearing I assume.

Comment

the pic is not good enough to show the pin holes for his insignia.
            Its Holters tailor label reads Adolf Hitler Mai 1940

The matching black trousers are very nice with a specially tailored leather lined pocket for his 7.65 cal pistol. (This pair as Lattimer told me escaped the destruction order as they were still at the tailors to have both pockets lined with chamois leather.
            Last edited by praubal; 05-29-2016, 11:48 AM.

Comment

If you would check online you can clearly see that the awards have been pressed through the material.
              Lattimer's book states that this tunic is the same as one he is showing being worn by Hitler, but that's clearly not the same.

I am not saying that this could not be a AH tunic, but it's not the one being shown in period pics. imho.

Comment

You can see definite traces that there was at one time loops for at least the GPB, but it does look like someone has at some stage just shoved an EK pin roughly through the pocket.

GPB (double) attachment holes
                Attached Files
                Last edited by J C Gray; 05-29-2016, 03:32 PM.

Comment

EK (single) attachment holes...
                  Attached Files

Comment

WB (single) attachment holes
                    Attached Files

Comment

I'm not familiar with the AH uniforms but did he not wear political buttons with eagle and swastika on his jacket?

Sydney

Comment

Originally posted by squidney86 View Post
                        I'm not familiar with the AH uniforms but did he not wear political buttons with eagle and swastika on his jacket?

Sydney

not on his wartime uniform.

Comment

Originally posted by praubal View Post
                          not on his wartime uniform.
                          Thanks! So pre '39 he would have been then?

Comment

Originally posted by squidney86 View Post
                            Thanks! So pre '39 he would have been then?
                            I'm not 100% sure, but I think that he wore the gilt, pebbled buttons before the war as well...any images that I have seen which are clear enough to see his buttons support this (apart from his brownshirt which had plain, shiny gilt buttons). The presence of the pebbled buttons on any of his other surviving tunics ie. the three fire damaged ones, also support this.
                            Apparently, in complete contrast to Göring, he was a 'Less is More' type of guy and it was all that his advisors could do to get him to wear his EK and a cap wreath..."Mehr sein als scheinen" lit. 'More than what shows' was the phrase used at the time.

Comment

In the book of Latimer this tunic is being shown with a eagle on it. Now it's missing. Any idea why?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X