No announcement yet.

Engraved B.O. number vs. Stamped number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whilst the medal is good Erich, I would not pay the premium for the recipient, based on the crudeness of the numbering and the doubt that would remain in my mind. However I do not know it's provenance and so cannot say either way for certain.

Comment

Bob is correct that the numbers were hand impressed along with the silver content numbers. Also, they seemed to have been numbered in batches when an order was received.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Fish View Post
        Whilst the medal is good Erich, I would not pay the premium for the recipient, based on the crudeness of the numbering and the doubt that would remain in my mind. However I do not know it's provenance and so cannot say either way for certain.
        Agree 100%
        Erich
        Festina lente!

Comment

Any more beside #1 and #10?

Comment

Sepp bo

I have concentrated in collecting High leader items for the last 45 years or so, that said a items history / providence is normally easily tracked , I would think turning up Dietrich s BO should have a history ? it did not just "appear" , and if it did well ?

Comment

Originally posted by chen View Post
              Any more beside #1 and #10?
              From what I know BO n°1 and 10 are the only engraved
              BO n°6 and 8 are stamped

Comment

Originally posted by schoenwurf View Post
                From what I know BO n°1 and 10 are the only engraved
                BO n°6 and 8 are stamped
                Schoenwurf,
                Thanks for the reply.
                Do you mean if there is any chance of engraved BO, it will be 2,3, 4,5, 7 and 9?

Comment

If engraved BO did exist, we could expect to find them in the low numbers (considering the engraving 1 and 10). But BO n°6, 8 (like n°12, 35, 47 and so on...) were all stamped so I assume that BO n°2, 3, 4, 5, 7 and 9 should also have been stamped.
                  I didn't have the chance to see the reverse of BO n°1 but it would be interesting to know if the "1" is scratched/engraved in the same way as the "10"

Comment

I would personally be suspicious of any engraved BO other than the documented Hitler BO. Like already said, the SD BO is original but the engraving? Not sure without knowing more about its history.

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
                      The style of the numbers used on the 1st patterns is very distinctive and unique and different from those used on the 2nd pattern medals.
                      In 1st pattern BO, the size of the number 2 to 9 is larger than size to those in double digits.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X