No announcement yet.

Gold Party Badge Stickpin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only that particular - normal - sympathy stickpin without the extra wreath right now. (LINK)

There are other normal sympathy badges known with extra wreaths, (LINK) it has nothing though to do with the GPB. - Well, if you want a quick 500 quid for Xmas shopping, it could have...

Comment

Jo,

I agree, completely, this is not related to the Golden Party Badge. It is, however, very striking with the small gold wreath.

Bob Hritz
      In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Thanks, Bob, though I guess I'm destined not to see this piece on Jamie's site! I have tried his "What's New!" section, his stickpin section and his Political Awards section, all to no avail.

One further response, to your comment that this LdO pin "probably pre-dates the GBP." As I understand it, the quality control and licensing agency of the German government known as the LdO came into being in March of 1941, which was more than seven years after the advent of the GPB.

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
          Thanks, Bob, though I guess I'm destined not to see this piece on Jamie's site! I have tried his "What's New!" section, his stickpin section and his Political Awards section, all to no avail.

One further response, to your comment that this LdO pin "probably pre-dates the GBP." As I understand it, the quality control and licensing agency of the German government known as the LdO came into being in March of 1941, which was more than seven years after the advent of the GPB.

Cheers,

Br. James
          Of course you are correct. I was looking at the pin and it looks like the very early patten with the rays instead of pebbles under the red enamel. Perhaps just a later update of an old pattern and the addition of the wreath.

Bob Hritz

Comment

Its still there, the shame I must just add, that the very book he is advertising below, covers these items, in particular sympathy badges with extra wreaths or borders, and warns about trying to attach silly stories to their "use".
            I hope that "really good looking book" is not being used once more, Jamie, to assist in a more than questionable sale?
            http://www.war-medals.com/medal-pictures/cs180.html
            Last edited by Jo Rivett; 12-15-2014, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Nobody commented about the badge in post 12?

Comment

Jo -- see my note #28 below.

Br. James

Comment

Jo -- see my note #28 below.
                  Br. James
                  I see no reason why anyone holding the proper documentation for wearing the GPB (Besitzurkunde) couldn't have gotten in touch with the Deschler firm, either directly or via a jeweler, and placed a special order for a small GPB w/stickpin instead of the standard safety pin attachment. Such a request may have had to be approved by FX Schwarz' office in Munich, but it doesn't seem an insurmountable task to accomplish!
                  James, the problem with using Gary`s badge to assist with that assumption, is that there may well have been a normal pin attachment already there, taken off, and had the stickpin soldered on top of the old marks. It doesn't look like it to me, just going by the photos provided, but that could still be argued though, and rightfully so.
                  I guess you would need a better example of a badge with a non-accepted-standard attachment to help with that theory.
                  I agree with your theory 100% though, especially if you had connections, knew the people in the right places - that it would be possible to "order" one with a different attachment.
                  This small Deschler will hopefully be enough evidence that your theory must be correct, as whatever way you look at it, there was never a standard pin plate soldered on, and the two piece brooch attachment, is soldered on with schlaglot in the same manner as the military style attachments are on large Deschlers. (images 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 -The schlaglot and attachment have also be gilded together with the casing. No tampering has gone on here, either pre or post war. It most certainly left the workshop in this manner. And it is most certainly not "standard".

Comment

I would think a firm as large as Deschler would be able to supply any attachment they had available to an order for extra or replacement GPBs. We have seen those with extra safety chains applied and some that looked factory applied. Also, button hole devices are not unknown. Once an individual had authorization for the badge, ordering a replacement made to custom order should have been no problem.

Bob Hritz

Comment

Cheers,

Br. James
                      Interesting thread, its a pity that im with Mr James here as i cannot find the pin in question, anyone have an image??

Comment

The pin is pictured on post 30, page 2, of this thread.

Bob Hritz

Comment

Originally posted by Jo Rivett View Post
                          I agree with your theory 100% though, especially if you had connections, knew the people in the right places - that it would be possible to "order" one with a different attachment.
                          This small Deschler will hopefully be enough evidence that your theory must be correct, as whatever way you look at it, there was never a standard pin plate soldered on, and the two piece brooch attachment, is soldered on with schlaglot in the same manner as the military style attachments are on large Deschlers. (images 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 -The schlaglot and attachment have also be gilded together with the casing. No tampering has gone on here, either pre or post war. It most certainly left the workshop in this manner. And it is most certainly not "standard".
                          Thanks for this contribution, much appreciated.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X