No announcement yet.

SA Shirt Original?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks again guys, this forum is a great resource. sgstandard I didn't even know those dealers existed and I am glad to have more places to check for items. As a new young collector at 18 things like this turn me off from the hobby and just make things even more difficult to obtain good artifacts.
    Last edited by ajs; 09-24-2014, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Ajs, I have been collecting pre 39 brownshirt for some time and I enjoy the hunt but the unfortunate side in collecting these shirts! They rarely come up for sale and when they are offered its a bit on the high side.

Comment

I have been going mad collecting tabs and have gone beyond my budget: ( I may have to part with two of sa shirts in the months to come. ...please check regularly on estand. ..

Comment

Awesome thanks for the heads up I will check the uniform/tunic table. If you want to sell any sooner message me.
          Last edited by ajs; 09-24-2014, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ajs View Post
            The seller took personal insult to me posting this here and does not want to do business anymore after my posting of his item. Albeit I should of asked him first before I posted pics here, but in my mind unless you are a auction house or dealer you shouldn't have problem if pics are posted of an item especially when its one of this price $800. Which is what I was about to spend on this piece until my learning of its fabricated origins. Thank you sgstandard and luftwaffeblue for saving me on this one. I will continue hunting for a original SA shirt if anyone possess one and would like to sell let me know
            please say sorry to the seller....

Comment

Shirt

Many brownshirts are made from all original components, but assembled post-war from a stripped brownshirt. It can be a bit difficult to tell sometimes, but original 2-color collar piping is impossible to find, so if it has original collar piping, there's at least a good chance it's all original. Original tabs tend to "sink-in" to the collar, and have the appearance of being there a long time. Replaced armbands are more acceptable, because so many of them were taken off for souvenirs. Best if it's ALL original to the shirt, but you sometimes take what you can get. If you locate something, let us know, and we'll go over it with a fine-tooth comb, and let you know if it's legit. SA regulations are complex, but that's a good thing, because the fakers don't know the regulations, and many dealers don't either

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X