NSDAP Stellungsbau

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSDAP Stellungsbau

NSDAP Stellungsbau wore a range of caps and the cap that started this thread has the possibility of being one of them;

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=704092

It could also have been worn by Org. Todt construction or RAD labour force in the north of Italy/ else where in the Reich before May 1945 ???

Please have a look at the linked thread and tell me what you think.

Many thanks,

Chris

I think it's a reproduction. The outer wool and lining don't appear to match the original example you show in color (the wool) or weave (the rayon/cotton). Seeing the cap in person might elicit a different opinion, though.
    Erich
    Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich B. View Post
      I think it's a reproduction. The outer wool and lining don't appear to match the original example you show in color (the wool) or weave (the rayon/cotton). Seeing the cap in person might elicit a different opinion, though.
      Erich
      Thank you Erich,

I appreciate your reply. It is very hard to be certain of any thing based on only 3 internet images. The points I found interesting were the Italian lining material, and the Italian manufacturing footprint of a pull down flap which can not be un-buttoned.

However, I agree the cap could be a reproduction as much as it could be an unissued cap from the time.

A hands on inspection would reveal a lot and it would be interesting to see if the thread used to make the cap burns to ash or melts. Plus what the wool is made of ???

Not much more i can say, except this type of cap worn by this unit could slip through a collectors hands with out them realising what it was.

Again many thanks for your input and interest,

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X