Close up of the piping attached.
    Any doubt it's original to the tunic.
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Piping 100% original.
        2 collar tabs were present but removed.
        Shoulder board: perhaps one right was present but I see any proof of it.

Comment

The tunic looks fine to me--piping looks good, thread remnants look right. I'd be comfortable with this one.
          Erich
          Festina lente!

Comment

The tunic is 100%. Nothing wrong with it in my opinion

Comment

Tunic

A completely agree.

Comment

Ouahhh good new

I'd search a RZM paper in the 4 exterior Pocket I just read that it was in the interior Pocket. I've find it now!

There's 2 attached tag:

One with RZM mark & another with the name of the man & the date 12.Marz 1934.

Great new.
                Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Tunic

WoW - Hopefully Erich or Sean or others will comment on the RZM tag. I think it's an early one. Calling all RZM tag experts!! They were wearing shoulderboards at the time of the 1933 Reichsparteitag, so dated 1934, it SHOULD have a shoulderboard. (Look REAL close - inside and out, on right shoulder for evidence of where a button may have been. You'd definitely see evidence in the lining.) Regardless, you can display the tunic without a shoulderboard, which would be correct for 1932/early 1933 era. Personally, if you're going to keep it, I'd build it up for sure. Until you find a shoulderboard, all you need is an early set of tabs and an armband. Thuringen tunics and shirts are rare, especially early ones, and it's a stunning color combination.

Comment

Tunic

......Not sure if this unit tab is Thuringen or Pommern, but this is the appropriate tab color and litze color (if it HAS litze). Unit tab was traded, and the rank tab is in my collection. They aren't really a set anyway. Good luck!!
                      Attached Files

Comment

That's great! The RZM label is indeed an early one and it's actually quite difficult to find named and dated SA tunics. It would be a shot in the dark but I would check with Mike Constady to see if there is any information about the tunic owner in or around Eisenach in Thüringen. 95% chance there won't be any information, but there's always a small chance that some records exist.
                        If the veteran had anything else that might have been picked up with the tunic, like breeches, papers, etc. you should purchase it also.
                        Erich
                        Festina lente!

Comment

Thanks.
                          Name is Heinrich Specht

Comment

and yes a shoulderboard was present on the right.
                            Removed with many precaution & not easy to see.

Thanks to all.

If correct collar tabs surfaced...I'm buyer!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                            X