Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA/Political Uniform

Hello,

Clothes is not my area of collecting & I need help for this one please.

What's uniform is it & what's the price range for it?

Thanks a lot.

JC
    Attached Files

I'd need some additional photos to give a value, but it's an SA tunic for a member of one of these SA Groups--Thüringen, Alpenland, Donau, Südmark, or an SA Group Staff if the piping is red/white. Also, on my monitor the color of the tunic looks a little too gold for SA but I think it may be the lighting--it looks almost like a Political Leader's tunic color.
    Erich
    Festina lente!

Comment

Thanks Erich for these information.
      I've buy this uniform today directly by the vet son.
      I've the history with this item (vet memories & photos).
      Behind a photo it's mentionned "taken in Eisenach, Thuringen, 1943".

The attached clothes patch is marked:
      "Eduard zum Felde, Eisenach". Same town!

Untouched uniform stocked in a box with other original stuff. As new condition.

I'll take close up tomorrow in day light. No idea about price range. If someone can help.

Thanks again.

JC

Comment

Great find!
        With the additional photos it will be easier to figure out a legitimate value.
        Erich
        Festina lente!

Comment

Tunic

MOST important! - Please post nice close-ups photos of the collar piping. Also, the shoulderboard if there is one. If not, look to see if there was one previously there. Any RZM tags on lining or under pocket flaps?

Comment

Tunic

Any "ghosts" of where collar tabs once were?

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Tunic

The collar piping looks like it may be original, and if those thread remnants are original, could be a tunic for SA Gruppe Thuringen. I would expect there to be evidence of a previous shoulderboard on the wearer's right shoulder. No shoulderboard would indicate a pre-1933 tunic, but I don't know if this is an early tunic. Caveat: Thread remnants aren't ALWAYS original.

Comment

Thanks. There's evidence about 2 shoulderboards (left & right).
                          I'm 100% certain this tunic is untouched since 1943.

What's about a price? I'm interested with a trade against dagger.

Comment

Sorry my mistake. No shoulder boards, but 2 collar tabs.
                            Not easy for me to speak English!

Comment

Tunic

A MYSTERY!! All tunics and shirts that have bi-color piping, would have a single right shoulderboard - the style of which would depend on rank, unless the garment was pre-1933, when no shoulderboards were worn. I would suggest that the piping may have been attached post-war, but that kind of original piping is virtually impossible to find. If I were you, I would methodically look at the entire collar edges for thread remnants to see if there was ever any other different collar piping on there before. Also, post CLOSER pics of the piping where it's attached under the collar. REAL close!! If the piping is original, it's a tunic that can be built up. For good reason, everyone wants a shirt or tunic that isn't post-war assembled, but they're difficult to find sometimes, and a put-together tunic with original parts is better than none. I ALWAYS try to steer collectors toward pieces that aren't monkeyed with, but you have to deal with what you've got. For someone who wants to assemble an early tunic, yours may have what is the hardest to find - the original collar piping. If it IS real piping, it'd be a cool tunic to build - Apple Green collar tabs, and a shoulderboard that is made of 4 rows of red/white piping with an an apple-green wool base.
                              Tough to find, but not impossible.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                              X