German Order on Deumer Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Order on Deumer Board

My secretary was going through some old photos of a veteran's items and stumbled on these 3 photos of Deumer Boards in his possession that I thought might be of interest.
    Attached Files

3rd board
    Attached Files

Comment

Egads!

Those First Two Boards are the Top of The Heap.
      Did you acquire these magnificent Gems Back in the day?
      Thanks for the Superb Showing Ron.

Comment

Alas, NO. The veteran would not sell and all contact lost. It is significant as this confirms not only the pin back German Order award manufacture, but also the wonderful woman's 25 year Party Long Service that was questioned by some as it obviously existed in the period.

Comment

Lost to Time.

Originally posted by Ron Weinand View Post
          Alas, NO. The veteran would not sell and all contact lost. It is significant as this confirms not only the pin back German Order award manufacture, but also the wonderful woman's 25 year Party Long Service that was questioned by some as it obviously existed in the period.
          The ones that got away. Probably sold them off piecemeal by now? Who Knows?
          I would've loved to see some close up pix but I'm sure you would too.
          Thanks for the eye candy Ron.
          Pete

Comment

These are the only photos I had. Long before iphones and the internet.

Comment

Thanks for posting the pics Ron. I find it interesting that the Party's highest award was on a salesmans sample board.

Comment

Not a salesman sample board, but rather a souviner board made at the end of the war for sales to US forces.

Comment

Not a salesman sample board, but rather a souviner board made at the end of the war for sales to US forces.
                  Thanks for the clarification Ron, that makes sense.

Comment

The NSDAP 25 year cross was the first thing that caught my attention too, but... if these boards were made at the end of the war as a souvenir (meaning thus POST-war and the question is then: how much postwar?), am i the only one then who finds that suspicious? As interesting as this is, i would much, much more like to see a PRE-may 1945 picture of such a neckorder cross.

I don't know what the remark "that was questioned by some as it obviously existed in the period" means, but im not aware of any PERIOD evidence for such a cross PRE may 1945 and don't see the above pictures as obvious evidence. If anyone knows more, please add, this could be very interesting, but so far i don't see it yet.

best regards,
                    Gaston

Comment

I find the presence of a non-fanned DAO 3.Stufe worth a comment.

cheers
                      Peter

Comment

An interesting topic and sure to pique our attention. The woman's 25 year Party Long Service was recognized in the Org Book as the standard 25 year Party Long Service but with the narrow longer ribbon.

Originally posted by jabnus View Post
                        The NSDAP 25 year cross was the first thing that caught my attention too, but... if these boards were made at the end of the war as a souvenir (meaning thus POST-war and the question is then: how much postwar?), am i the only one then who finds that suspicious? As interesting as this is, i would much, much more like to see a PRE-may 1945 picture of such a neck order cross.

I don't know what the remark "that was questioned by some as it obviously existed in the period" means, but im not aware of any PERIOD evidence for such a cross PRE may 1945 and don't see the above pictures as obvious evidence. If anyone knows more, please add, this could be very interesting, but so far i don't see it yet.

best regards,
                        Gaston
                        This NSDAP 25 year cross is similar to the one appearing in Angolia's For Fuhrer und Fatherland, that featured this style mounting adorned with a gathered "woman's" narrow longer ribbon prepared for wearing like a brooch. In the intervening years, this mounting without the gathered narrow ribbon has been labeled a neck order I believe by another author.

But as Gaston points out, Ron has identified these boards as post-war origin but has presumed the pieces to be all pre-1945 originality. If prepared for GIs by the firm, the possibility of post 1945 alteration cannot be dismissed IMO. However, as the gold Party Long Service was not in circulation until early 1942, I think finding a photo of any female wearing the award in any configuration will be difficult.

Comment

The German Order were made one at a time by request of the NSDAP. Therefore it is IMPOSSIBLE to find a board offering this high decoration that existed only as a prototype, beeing offered as an ordinary Iron Cross.

Comment

The veteran stated that he got these in May of 45, so draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Obermeyer View Post
                              The German Order were made one at a time by request of the NSDAP. Therefore it is IMPOSSIBLE to find a board offering this high decoration that existed only as a prototype, being offered as an ordinary Iron Cross.
                              One thing you should learn, nothing is IMPOSSIBLE. At the end of the war, they were scraping together anything to sell or trade for food and clothing. Shops were picked clean of saleable items, even prototypes.

Tom

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X