Extremely rare Firts Edition book of "Organizationbuch NSDAP"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tgn View Post
    What were the six editions? I know of (and have) 1936, 1940, and 1943. What other years were there?

Tom
    1936 1st; 1937 2nd and 3rd; 1938 4th; 1940 5th and 1943 6th. Succeeding editions 1-3 have changes in text. 4-6 have changes in text and illustrations.

Comment

Interesting news .... 50 euro edition of 1936, very very interesting.
      Kindly would indeed I know the site where they sell the first edition of this book to 50 euro.....thank you.

Regards, Kruger.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
        1936 1st; 1937 2nd and 3rd; 1938 4th; 1940 5th and 1943 6th. Succeeding editions 1-3 have changes in text. 4-6 have changes in text and illustrations.
        Tom, I forgot one. I checked tonight. There were a total of seven editions. I forgot that there were editions 2-4 for 1937. So 1938 would be the 5th, 1940 the 6th and 1943 the 7th.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruger1933 View Post
          Interesting news .... 50 euro edition of 1936, very very interesting.
          Kindly would indeed I know the site where they sell the first edition of this book to 50 euro.....thank you.

Regards, Kruger.
          Did you have a look at the condition of your book?
          Sir, I´m sorry - but this one is not worth collecting.

Ustufvorwaerts
          silent leges et artes inter arma - im Waffenlärm schweigen die Gesetze und die Künste

Comment

For what it's worth (pun intended), Weitze - who is known not to be cheap exactly! - has a few editions for sale, the cheapest for 350 and being in quite better condition than this one.

On the other hand book prices can be very strange, i collect brochures and if it is something rare i have been looking for for years i buy them in damaged condition too. All prices come down to demand and offer...

Comment

Not rare but still scarce. Not many were kept as owning this after the war showed strong party affiliation so of the 50K of each edition printed, far fewer survived to today. There is a reprint that brings in excess of $100 to $150 when offered and sells well at that price. An original of these, even in this terrible condition will bring in excess of $100 but certainly isn't worth what is currently being asked on the e-stand.

Good condition volumes of these commonly bring in excess of $300 and I'll gladly snap up any good condition volumes I find at $200 or less.
              Richard V

Comment

Hi Joe,

Regarding your notes #31 and 33: were the three editions published in 1937 run at 50,000 copies EACH, and did each of the three include text changes from their predecessor? As also stated, the need for the 1940 and 1943 editions reflected the massive PL uniform code changes established in 1939. Thanks, my friend,

Br. James

Comment

Let me add this pic of the complet serie guys... And a pic of the 2 different "first" edition of 1936. (absolultely same content, but different cover).

Had to agree, the 1936 edition is not especialy rare, think the 1938 and 1940 edition are more difficult to find (in very good condition)
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Pascal Bernhard; 08-01-2013, 01:01 PM.
                  Straßburger / When in doubt do without...
                  - Looking for : SS TK «Oberbayern» flatwire CT.

Comment

Originally posted by Pascal Bernhard View Post
                    Let me add this pic of the complet serie guys... And a pic of the 2 different "first" edition of 1936. (absolultely same content, but different cover).

Had to agree, the 1936 edition is not especialy rare, think the 1938 and 1940 edition are more difficult to find (in very good condition)
                    Pascal, the different covers for 1936 is fascinating. Are the cover pages and edition numbers identical like the rest of the content?

James, I am going to have to page through for changes in the 1937 editions.

Comment

Joe,
                      the cover edge and inside of the 1936 editions
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Pascal Bernhard; 08-01-2013, 01:03 PM.

Comment

more:
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Pascal Bernhard; 08-01-2013, 01:04 PM.

Comment

The 2nd edition in 37, volume 3, primarily had to do with the party eagle and the way it faced. From that time forward, the PL eagle faced to it's left wing (or right as viewed). The 3rd edition, volume 4, in 1937 has added about 40 more pages as I recall which was mostly clarification to minor points.
                          Ley was the Reich Organizational Leader, but he found that this position meant little when it came to dealing with the Gauleiters. Many Gauleiters simply ignored these Org book rules and a few actually issue decrees that the Org books were to be ignored, as it undermined their power at the Gau level to that of the Reich.
                          Ley also had Hess/Bormann undermining him from above in their office of Deputy Führer. They would issue orders circumventing Ley and deal directly with the Gauleiters.
                          Hitler never helped Ley out much in these disputes, because he liked to keep his subordinates busy arguing amongst themselves.
                          So keep in mind that the Org books were published by Ley in his capacity as ROL, but what was written within was not followed to the letter in every Gau and there were constant power struggles going on.
                          Many collectors think these Org books and the rules within were the end all be all of the Third Reich with regards to uniform wear and party rules. This was not so due to the constant power struggles.
                          Once the war took a turn for the worse, the Gauleiters found their power also being eroded by the Kreisleiters. Their power rose due to the their control of labor and organizing of the defenses in their Kreis, as well as the relief efforts for those in need and/or victims of the bombing.

Two more truly rare books here. The 1935 Party Statistics book, which some say was the predecessor to the 36 Org book. These were serial numbered when issued. And the 1938 Gau and Kreis Directory. Both these in the same size as the Org books, the 1938 Gau/Kries book being thinner.
                          Attached Files
                          https://www.nsdapuniforms.com

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

This is great information and a chance to see some really rare books!

Tom

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X