No announcement yet.

Opinion over 2 Gausieger 1944 Badges.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is an original for comparison. Sorry for the somewhat blurry shot. My hands weren't steady enough and I really need to get a tripod for my camera for close ups.
    Richard V
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Josef Fueß View Post
      Well, it`s a give `n take really, innit? I have been asking for a while now about the fantasy Green NSKK badges that YOU, and many of your friends believe are original, yet to date, not one of you have even had the decency to reply! Not even a one-liner.."Oh i dont know.." Nothing!
      So you see, perfectly OK for you, and your friends to list items and say "Genuine" yet as soon as someones asks you "why they are genuine" .. the sound of silence!

Working out differences on fakes vs. originals is not rocket science, but from the way you have phrased your reply, it seems that you are of the opinion that only Stuart knows what the "clue" (or 6 differences) are?
      The 44's are had to tell and Stuart can give up his tells on these badges when and if he wants to, and my comment above (about Stuart) is a running friendly thing between myself and him.
      There certainly are others who can distinguish repros of these badges with confidence and I never said Stuart is the only 44 Gau expert; I have a difficult time as there are some very good fakes. The drivers’ badges I own came from a source that I trust and I believe them to be good and that is my prerogative.

Comment

firstly, i have never ever ever said i am an expert on these badges and never would, nobody knows everything especially me lol, yes i have handled a lot of them and done lots of research into them over the last 8yrs as these are just about the only badges i collect, but there are others out there with more knowledge than me, mr scowen for example is a huge wealth of knowledge on these badges as is richard.

as for the details i know unfortuently i would not put them onto an open forum you never know whos watching , but others like don and richard are also well aware of these details, and anyone here can pick thenm up easily by doing their howework and spending the time to study the badges, its not some secret that is hidden from everyone its right in front of your eyes, unfortunetly a lot of people are not willing to do the work themselves and just want others to do all the legwork while they reap the rewards of it.so if your in the market for these badge do as i did when i was picking things up look at pics and compare them get hold of the badges and compare them, not just 1 or 2 but lots and lots i must have over 100-150 diff pics on my pc from various places just of these badges (gau & reichs)that i used for comparison , its the only way to be sure , spend the time and learn what your interested in

as for the badge in question i do think its a good badge as many of the things i expect to see in an original are there but like i said anmd richard has also agreed , i would not buy it unless it was dirt cheap as the badge has been left to get in such bad condition that its lost most of its detail and will only get worse, so resell will be impossible.

one more thing i would like to say that the way its implied although i know its not meant that way, it sounds like i will not help anyone, can i just say in my defence of the past few yrs the amount of people i have answered through forums/pm's/ email with these badges and any other sieger badges has been a hell of a lot and i have never not replied to any of them , just wanted that made clear . ta
        Last edited by stuart a.; 07-27-2013, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rlimike View Post
          The drivers’ badges I own came from a source that I trust and I believe them to be good and that is my prerogative.
          It certainly is your prerogative, and you are far from alone here either. There are many collectors who authenticate their items by way of what they were told, and what they chose to believe. It`s the easiest way to go really, ...today....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X