Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion over 2 Gausieger 1944 Badges.

Hi Gents!
    I would like Your's gently opinion over these two Badges!
    Thank You a lot!
    Gian.

m878.jpg

m1436.jpg

Strange........36 views and no one know about these Badge?

Comment

Add a link to this thread.
      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=675131&page=3
      They may help.
      Pete

Comment

From what I can see from the pictures provided, top one good, bottom one bad....

Cheers
        Don

Comment

Second is absolutely fake. Maybe Stu will give his expert opinion...

Regards, Wim

Freedom is not for Free
          Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Thank you Boys!
            Much appreciated as always.
            My Best!
            Gian.

Comment

I have to agree, base on the pics, the bottom one doesn't look good. I'll have to wait and compare to mine at home when I get off of work but I don't know that I'm a big fan of the one listed first either. There is something about the swaz that just doesn't look right even though other aspects of the badge appear OK. I'll remain uncommitted on the first one until I have a chance to review mine.
              Richard V

Comment

IMO the top one is bad as well ... the details just are not there or it has a case of zinc pest.
                Last edited by rlimike; 07-26-2013, 07:45 AM.

Comment

as don has said, and he knows his stuff on these badges , the top one is good but has a bad case of zinc pest and the bottom one is indeed a fake.

i personally wouldnt touch the first one even though its a genuine badge unless it was dirt cheap as it has lost all its detail down to the zinc pest issues

Comment

Originally posted by Wim Vangossum View Post
                    Second is absolutely fake. Maybe Stu will give his expert opinion...

Regards, Wim

Freedom is not for Free
                    Wim:

Could you please explain why the second badge is a fake?

Gary

Comment

its all in the detail there is at least 6 major differences in the 2 badges

Comment

After comparing a known original with the first badge, I am still not fully convinced of its originality. The swaz is a major issue as is the fact that the zink pest disguises many of the features used on the front of the badge to determine an original. Also the paint at the talons of the eagle give me pause. I would not want this in my collection and it will always be difficult to re-sell based on, if not originality, then at least condition.
                        Richard V

Comment

Originally posted by stuart a. View Post
                          its all in the detail there is at least 6 major differences in the 2 badges
                          Stuart:

I must confess my ignorance. Please list these 6 major differences. I need to know because I am in the market for a 1944 badge.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Symonds View Post
                            Stuart:

I must confess my ignorance. Please list these 6 major differences. I need to know because I am in the market for a 1944 badge.
                            He ain't gonna give up the details ... I have asked several times over the years. 44's are a tough one.

Comment

Originally posted by rlimike View Post
                              He ain't gonna give up the details ... I have asked several times over the years. 44's are a tough one.
                              Well, it`s a give `n take really, innit? I have been asking for a while now about the fantasy Green NSKK badges that YOU, and many of your friends believe are original, yet to date, not one of you have even had the decency to reply! Not even a one-liner.."Oh i dont know.." Nothing!
                              So you see, perfectly OK for you, and your friends to list items and say "Genuine" yet as soon as someones asks you "why they are genuine" .. the sound of silence!

Working out differences on fakes vs. originals is not rocket science, but from the way you have phrased your reply, it seems that you are of the opinion that only Stuart knows what the "clue" (or 6 differences) are?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X