No announcement yet.

Diplomatic Corps great coat of German Ambassador to Sweden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... and here the buttons that were on the great coat...
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
      Kurt, great greatcoat. Congratulations with this find.
      For me the brocade and buckle are even more interesting. Do you know if the buckle has manufacturing markings at the reverse?
      Thanks for showing. Great collection!
      You are the first one who actually commented on the brocade Sir. I already used it for display in a different thread but nobody seemed to think it was anything special: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=658726

I was lucky that a friend gave it up to me. He helped me out a great deal with it. It's still missing the appropriate buckle (it should be all gold). The one that's on there now was found in Germany with a bunch of Government Official's buttons but the keepers and brocade were missing. Luckily, it's oxidized enough so I can use it for display until I find the correct one for this brocade. Here are some old pics of the buckle... no markings that I can find.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt View Post
        Cédric,

all of the buttons on the great coat are the same style (front and back). All 12 that were on the coat are made by Assmann and have a gold reverse, the two replacement that I got from AndyC are slightly different but also Assmann marked. Here are pics of the two replaced buttons.
        Many many thanks Kurt for having taken the time to answer me and posted those very interesting photographs.

Comment

Looking good

Andy

Comment

WOAW!! very very beautiful coat...is my dream

Comment

the best coat I ever saw, .. I do a Diplo re enactment after I read " A spy in the heart of the third Reich"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X