No announcement yet.

Very early SA outfit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mr. Saris, how's life (long time, no hear/see)
    Well, this is getting more interesting by the minute. Indeed GREY was the color of the early SA tunic. That is, IF early SA man were wearing the "official" tunic. Let's not forget that in the early twenties the so called windbreaker was a fairly common jacket so I would not at all be surprised when grey/tan/green etc.etc. windbreakers were worn, even by putchists.
    Now, the set is still on Ulric's site and the discription reads :
    "The SA tunic wind jacket in grey/green cotton with a double row of typical 'football' style buttons. The wind jacket conforming to the usual style, with two side pockets and two lower, pleated box pockets.The left-hand sleeve bearing a cotton, multi-part construction, swastika brassard, with a metal '2' to the centre. Attached to the left-hand collar, an early, (possibly 1923) pre-RZM manufactured, enamel swastika NSDAP party membership badge" and indeed the pictures show us a GREY windbreaker
    so now I am somewhat confused and only he who ownes this set now (rrvroman) can tell us what color it is. If it's grey, it could very well be a 1923 uniform. If it's not it still can be ( if you have a brown one in 1923 and no job you will NOT buy a grey one just because some unknown politician tells you so ) but I agree, grey would be better. I do NOT believe in any way this set was made by dealers to sell as a fake. Not all wisdom comes from books and regulation. Common sence still is a pretty good judge.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Holland View Post
      Hi Mr. Saris, how's life (long time, no hear/see)
      Well, this is getting more interesting by the minute. Indeed GREY was the color of the early SA tunic. That is, IF early SA man were wearing the "official" tunic. Let's not forget that in the early twenties the so called windbreaker was a fairly common jacket so I would not at all be surprised when grey/tan/green etc.etc. windbreakers were worn, even by putchists.
      Now, the set is still on Ulric's site and the discription reads :
      "The SA tunic wind jacket in grey/green cotton with a double row of typical 'football' style buttons. The wind jacket conforming to the usual style, with two side pockets and two lower, pleated box pockets.The left-hand sleeve bearing a cotton, multi-part construction, swastika brassard, with a metal '2' to the centre. Attached to the left-hand collar, an early, (possibly 1923) pre-RZM manufactured, enamel swastika NSDAP party membership badge" and indeed the pictures show us a GREY windbreaker
      so now I am somewhat confused and only he who ownes this set now (rrvroman) can tell us what color it is. If it's grey, it could very well be a 1923 uniform. If it's not it still can be ( if you have a brown one in 1923 and no job you will NOT buy a grey one just because some unknown politician tells you so ) but I agree, grey would be better. I do NOT believe in any way this set was made by dealers to sell as a fake. Not all wisdom comes from books and regulation. Common sence still is a pretty good judge.
      Unfortunately I'm not the owner of this set and can't comment on the color, it was offered to me while back and I posted this thread for evaluation.

Best to All,
      Roman.

Comment

Who offered it to you? ulric?

Comment

This set looks gray to me as well and it looks legit as well. Was this the same set pictured in his DE book?

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Holland View Post
            Who offered it to you? ulric?
            Klaus Hollricher

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X