Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

ROBERT WÜST, Blutordenträger 903, SA Regiment München 2.Kompanie
            Attached Files

Comment

If there is provenance with this rig, it belongs in a museum somewhere!!

Br. James

Comment

i agree with br james and was going to ask the question as to provenance.it certainly has the proper look of the rig worn in the early days,the only thing that would give me pause was the party badge on the collar.the badge looks enameled to me and i ask myself,would that type of badge been worn that early........incredible set...........dave

Comment

Sa

Very Cool

Comment

Exactly right, Dave! I took the presence of the NSDAP Membership Pin on the lapel to be a later addition placed there for effect; I think this rig would have long been out of service and succeeded by the Traditions Brown Shirt rig by the time that pin was created. So too with the cockade atop the cap; it looks to me like a piece created for the PL peaked cap of the 1930s, prior to the 1939 uniform code revision. But the cap itself, the jacket and the belt look spot on to me, as does that fabulous brassard with the metal regimental number! A rig like this, IMO, would be right at home in a display describing the 'German Day' rally at Coburg in 1922 or the Beer Hall Putsch of 1923.

Br. James

Comment

i fully agree that the cockade is a later piece also.a lot will depend on the source of this rig.........dave

Comment

Hi
                        just came across this post. Wow what a beauty and very rarely seen indeed! I agree it would make a very nice addition to a Museum. Oh ,well , I do have a Museum.... haha! Serious please drop me a PM, maybe we can work something out?
                        Congrats to a very nice set!
                        Regards
                        Dirk

Comment

Wasn't the 1923 tunic and cap authorized for wear in the 30s at the 9 Nov. celebrations? Could This be one of these uniforms?

If you look at the photos from Coburg in 1922 the SA look to be wearing civilian clothes with armbands.

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
                            Wasn't the 1923 tunic and cap authorized for wear in the 30s at the 9 Nov. celebrations? Could This be one of these uniforms?

If you look at the photos from Coburg in 1922 the SA look to be wearing civilian clothes with armbands.
                            erichs.........i have never heard or read of that,but a very interesting idea........dave

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post

Ulric had one of the Nov 9th uniforms you mention several years ago...
                              I didnt screenshot that at the time, but I remember it looking a little different from this...

I cant comment on what this is, but I hope its the real deal... its really neat!
                              it certainly looks like something the Alte Kampers would wear..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X