X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have 4 hermann goering and emmy sonnemann wedding silverware wedding

Comment

Frau Professor Gerdy Troost

The personal papers of Frau Professor Gerdy Troost are located in the Bavarian State Library in Munich, Germany. I understand that these papers, which are quite extensive, contain information on the various design projects she performed in her lifetime. Perhaps the mystery of who designed the Formal Pattern Adolf Hitler Silverware could be solved in an examination of these manuscript holdings.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Stubno View Post
        The personal papers of Frau Professor Gerdy Troost are located in the Bavarian State Library in Munich, Germany. I understand that these papers, which are quite extensive, contain information on the various design projects she performed in her lifetime. Perhaps the mystery of who designed the Formal Pattern Adolf Hitler Silverware could be solved in an examination of these manuscript holdings.
        I agree! Getting access to those files would make interesting reading.

The only stuff I've managed to access are Troost's Berghof fabric swatches from the Berghof, which you can see here:

http://www.souvenirsofwar.com/resour...f-fabric-book/

Comment

I also agree that spending time with Prof. Gerdy Troost's extensive archive would be a wonderful opportunity, and I understand that she kept records of every project she and her firm, Atelier Troost (Troost Studio in Munich), were involved with. As for the AH Formal (and Informal) Pattern silverware, it is fairly well established that Prof. Troost (or someone at her firm, under her name) designed those pieces, as is recorded in the reference book, "Hitler at Home," by Despina Stratigakos, Yale University Press, 2015. Here this author records this as fact, and that the tableware was purchased through the silver and goldsmith firm of FH Wandinger of Munich, which was the retailing agent for both the Bruckmann and the Wellner silverware factories.

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Adolf Hitler Veterans Hoard with 1958 Purchase from cool veterans documentation

These pieces were brought home by TSgt. Clay Moses and was acquired from Adolf Hitler's Home near Munich. This comes with a letter dated July 1958 Notary signed and signed by the US veteran documenting its bring back history.
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

In a single word: WOW!! What a spectacular treasure trove of AH Formal (State) Pattern tableware! Almost unbelievable to see!

Thanks for sharing this, Brent.

Br. James

Comment

Agree, a very nice find!

Comment

Not a napkin ring in sight, either.
                      I don't have a Dachshund in this Kampf, but had any napkin rings been present in this grouping, it would have certainly answered the question.
                      Erich
                      Festina lente!

Comment

Agreed again , a documented Ex - vet grouping , yet no napkin rings present ....

Comment

The large hoard that Shea had a few years ago also didn't have any napkin rings .

Comment

I thought about that yesterday when I first saw Brent's post, and I agree with both Erichs that this would have been quite an opportune time for an AH Napkin Ring or two to show up...if they really existed back then! Pardon my increasingly short memory but have we heard from Brent about AH Napkin Rings from his long experience?

Br. James

Comment

AH Formal Pattern Napkin Rings

AH Formal Pattern Napkin Rings ??? They are complete fantasy pieces in my eyes that were made up about 20 years ago or more as I recall. I remember when & who was selling them at the time with a endless supply . They surfaced along with those fake trays with the punched out eagles and hand engraved key pattern design around it .. Charles Snyder played a big part with that stuffs promotion along with a few others. I remember a friend bought 8 of them and paid something like 200 or 300 each at the time and advised they have more did I want some . I gave him good advise and told him to return them. He did and thanked me later . If they were ever made I have never seen one that meets the quality of AH formal pattern Silver or how it was mfg. Could they have made them? I guess its possible but I have never seen one that I felt was original . When AH formal pieces were made the quality was like a well minted coin and perfect with strong details. This is my take on it and I have handled hundreds AH of pieces over the past 30+ years . Brent

Comment

Many thanks for your valued comments, Brent!

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 9 users online. 0 members and 9 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X