This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rare 10" Size Round Adolf Hitler Cookie Serving Tray "Wellner"

Rare 10" Size Round Adolf Hitler "Cookie /Dessert / Snack" Serving Tray "Wellner" Roll Stamped AH Eagle
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

You always show us phenomenal pieces, Brent, and these are no exceptions! But isn't the word "rare" a bit redundant?! Cheers, my friend,

Br. James

Comment

Well, I'd say they're rare amongst TR collectibles in that they're one of the few things that have kept going up in price despite the economy. They're also rare in that there appear to be no fakes on the market, or at least none that I've heard of. But, you're right - "rare" is a word that tends to get over used. AH silverware seems to readily available if you have the $$$.

Comment

"RK" Reichskanzlei Casserole Dish With Lid Mfg. "Wellner" (42)

Hello WAF members , Thought I would share this latest find "RK" Reichskanzlei Casserole Dish With Lid Mfg. "Wellner" (42) This is just like the "AH" Casserole Dish but with a different eagle that was used with the RK pieces and "RK"..Roll stamped just like the AH pieces
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Interesting

Hello gents,

Thought I would post this piece as at least in my experience is something you don't see everyday. Upon doing a little research I have discovered this piece was part of a larger manicure set that included other items utilized for grooming. The owner was smart enough to get notarized documentation from the veteran when he acquired the piece and the complete set is featured in Mark Griffiths book. I really like it myself and believe it to be quite rare?
                Attached Files

Comment

A super piece Shawn and yes I would definitely consider it rare.

Comment

Hi Shawn,

Indeed a rare piece, as explained in the Griffith book...and a complete vanity set is especially rare! Are the two pix of the file taken of both sides or are they two shots of the same side? While I am less familiar with the AH Formal Service than the Informal Service, I would be quite surprised to know that, at least on the nail file, the monogram appears on both sides of the handle!

Br. James

Comment

Nice Find

Nice piece Shawn .. I have only owned a AH Mirror that was part of this same AH vanity set I bet ..I would add that piece to my collection any day if it came up for sale.. Brent

Comment

Hot off the press! I've just received my copy of James A. Yannes' new reference work titled "The Encyclopedia of Third Reich Tableware" and, at 636 pages with 880 photos/graphics, it is indeed a monumental piece on this subject! The work is quite reasonably priced and available in hard cover, soft cover and in E-Book format, all via the publisher, Trafford Publishing -- www.trafford.com.

Needless to say, this will be the standard reference for many years to come...IMHO, of course! Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Awesome! Does it list other patterns without the Eagle and swastika?

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                          Hot off the press! I've just received my copy of James A. Yannes' new reference work titled "The Encyclopedia of Third Reich Tableware" and, at 636 pages with 880 photos/graphics, it is indeed a monumental piece on this subject! The work is quite reasonably priced and available in hard cover, soft cover and in E-Book format, all via the publisher, Trafford Publishing -- www.trafford.com.

Needless to say, this will be the standard reference for many years to come...IMHO, of course! Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Yes - I just got my copy and it lists every imaginable pattern from the TR period - with and without swaz. A must have for any serious collector.

Comment

Just as Brian says!

Br. James

Comment

Had a fantastic hit this morning , AH spoon and napkin ! Was just about to go home and spied these under the table at Detling show , salvaged an otherwise terrible show in fact turned it in to a fantastic show !!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 11 users online. 0 members and 11 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X