No announcement yet.

Good or Fake tunic NSDAP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for that comment, Mark. We do need to remember that the very standardization that is accorded to the German mentality was anything but universal! I always laugh to be reminded of that photo of Baldur von Schirach wearing the post-1939 Reichsleiter's armband...clearly upside-down! And that is just the tip of the iceberg, as we know! But one of the important functions of this Forum, as I see it, is to present the experience of long-time students and collectors of the TR period, which is usually based upon the standardized regulations of the period. As Jeff said it in this case: "Post 39 insignia could never be worn with a plain armband" -- and that is a way of judging whether a piece is genuine or one that has been 'played with' by an unscrupulous previous owner or dealer. That exceptions to every rule exist is well-documented, but without some additional provenance, the regs are our most secure guide to authenticity. IMO, of course!

Br. James

Comment

Mark, petopoint, Br. James and anyone else interested in assisting me, what are your honest opinions and observations on the NSDAP tunic listed at the link below?

N.S.D.A.P KREIS LEVEL POLITICAL LEADERS TUNIC

Mr. Clark has given it the OK, so I know is the real deal, but I'm still somewhat bothered by the green button hole thread.

Mr. Clark indicated that he has witnessed such before but I'm concerned this oddity might affect the resale ability down the road. I'm dying to own a genuine NSDAP tunic, but I don't want my eagerness to cloud my judgement.

Botton line guys, should I, or shouldn't I?
      Last edited by rojo; 09-11-2012, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rojo View Post
        Mark, petopoint, Br. James and anyone else interested in assisting me, what are your honest opinions and observations on the NSDAP tunic listed at the link below?

Mr. Clark has given it the OK, so I know is the real deal, but I'm still somewhat bothered by the green button hole thread.

Mr. Clark indicated that he has witnessed such before but I'm concerned this oddity might affect the resale ability down the road. I'm dying to own a genuine NSDAP tunic, but I don't want my eagerness to cloud my judgement.

Botton line guys, should I, or shouldn't I?
        The button holes have been hand re-enforced with green thread at some point, and this does detract somewhat IMO...

Comment

if you are agonizing this much over the decision, then the obvious answer is don't buy it
          https://www.nsdapuniforms.com

Comment

Dear rojo,

It took me a minute to figure out which tunic we were being asked about! It probably would have been better if you had opened a new thread since this one began with questions about franckadt's Model 1939 PL tunic at the orts level and the conversation has been going back and forth...difficult to keep track of!

The kreis level PL tunic you are considering -- which is being offered without the brassard, though that style of brassard would have been worn with that tunic -- looks OK to me, and the offered reasoning behind the green buttonhole reinforcements seems plausible, as well. But Jeff hits it square on the head when he said "if you are agonizing this much over the decision, then the obvious answer is don't buy it!" I couldn't agree more. If you are thinking that the green thread might detract from reselling this piece in the future, and that resale possibility is enough to concern you, then you shouldn't put your money into something that will worry you every day thereafter. While this is a nice piece, I would wait until you find another tunic that you can joyfully purchase without the slightest hint of doubt, and they are out there, just waiting to be picked up! Happy hunting, my friend,

Br. James

Comment

Thanks to everybody for assisting me with this.

I just made the purchase and can't wait to have it in hand.

Once again thanks for your time, much appreciated.

Comment

Hello gents, thanks again for all the help.

Mr. Clark please do forgive my ignorance, I had absolutely no idea just who you are until recently. If you say its OK then it’s OK. I just ordered your book from your website and have been browsing about for other goodies.

Now I did purchase the tunic in the link below but my problem now is choosing the proper armband and belt for it. Should I purchase a political leader belt and buckle? Would the armband be the standard wool issue or something more ornate?

Also there were two pins worn on the left breast pocket by this individual originally. Can anybody provide me with likely suggestions to replace these two pins as doing so will cover the marks and enhance the tunic.

Would the armband below be proper for this tunic?

Kreis Leiter eines Amtes armband

Would the belt and buckle below be proper for this tunic?

Political Leader's Belt and Buckle
                Last edited by rojo; 10-06-2012, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X