X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good or Fake tunic NSDAP?

Gentlemen,
    this is a ortsgruppenleiter tunic
    but do you think it's a good one or a bad fake?
    thanks
    regards

The tunic looks OK, but the armband has certainly been replaced (should be much fancier than that!), and possily the tabs, too.

Comment

Agree--original tunic but close up photos of the tabs and collar piping from the front and rear of the collar would be necessary to determine their originality.
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

i asked more picture to the seller.
        I'll post them here!
        thanks for your first answer!

Comment

The tunic appears post 39 with last pattern tab insignia. If the tabs are original to the tunic then the only correct armbands for these tabs would be Ortsgruppenleiter or Amtesleiter. Post 39 insignia could never be worn with a plain armband.
          https://www.nsdapuniforms.com

Comment

Green Thread Button Holes

Hello everybody, I've been looking into purchasing a NSDAP tunic recently and came across one with the button hole perimeters stitched in green thread.

Has anyone come across this oddity before and if so can you please provide an explanation?

Thank you.

Comment

can you post pictures?

Comment

Can't figure out how to post pics from my desktop, but here is a link to the site.

I'd love to own a decent NSDAP tunic, but I dunno.

What do you think about this one?
                Last edited by rojo; 09-08-2012, 03:09 PM.

Comment

looks good, I have seen button holes like that before

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Clark View Post
                    looks good, I have seen button holes like that before
                    Thank you for taking time to respond to my inquiry.

Now that I' have received an experts endorsement I made an offer to the owner.

Thanks again.

Rob

Comment

good luck Rojo

When you receive your tunic, let us know Rojo and post some
                      photos that we can all take a look at.
                      Congrats on yours too Franc and show us more if you decide to purchase.

Peto at point

Comment

Originally posted by petopoint View Post
                        When you receive your tunic, let us know Rojo and post some
                        photos that we can all take a look at.
                        Congrats on yours too Franc and show us more if you decide to purchase.

Peto at point
                        Thank you petoponit.

I'll be delighted to post photos as soon as I can determine how to do so

Comment

To franckadt:

In your original posting, you noted that "this is a ortsgruppenleiter tunic" and I am wondering how you came to that conclusion. As I understand it, and as Jeff beautifully illustrates in his "Uniforms of the NSDAP," the only indication of an Ortsgruppenleiter's rank -- according to the 1939 uniform code revision -- was indicated on the brassard, and the brassard attached to this piece is not according to the 1939 regs. During the uniform code in effect prior to 1939, collar tabs did indicate rank, but from '39 onward the collar tabs normally indicated function, and the tabs attached to this piece are those of a Gemeinschaftsleiter. As Jeff stated, "If the tabs are original to the tunic then the only correct armbands for these tabs would be Ortsgruppenleiter or Amtesleiter," but again, the armband on this piece represents neither of these ranks. I hope this is helpful.

Br. James

Comment

Any additional observations or comments about this tunic would be much appreciated.

Also, can anyone provide an explanation as to why these button hole perimeters are stitched with green thread?

N.S.D.A.P KREIS LEVEL POLITICAL LEADERS TUNIC
                            Last edited by rojo; 09-10-2012, 09:11 AM.

Comment

I would not dismiss the armband being original to the tunic. There were many instances where combination uniforms existed especially with the lower ranks. Although we can not determine whether this was an ortsgruppenleiter uniform the armband could very easily be original with the tunic. There exist hundreds of photos of these combination uniforms where the tabs were pre-war and armbands of the 1939-45 variety and vice versa.

Mark Costa

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X