Most Decorated NSKK Member?:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffhan373 View Post
    Odd that Ley doesn't wear his Blood Order ribbon on this uniform. He got the award relatively late (1940) and it appears on almost all of his wartime uniforms. But not this one. The German press ran a number of photos of him inspecting Volkssturm formations at the beginning of 1945, during which he wears this uniform and a Political Leader's M-43 cap.....

He wasn't a recipient of the Coburg Badge, was he?
    Not a Coburg Badge holder or a participant of the Putsch. Ley received his BO for being in prison for Political reasons.

Comment

I think 'Gilligan" has them all beat.

I couldn't find a photo of his back... but when he turned around... he had medals pinned on the back of the uniform as well !! LOL

dang... I didn't remember "Ginger" wearing that outfit when I was a kid

Robert
      Attached Files

Comment

Just noticed that Gilligan is a Ritterkreuztraeger!
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

What is it with the NSKK leadership having all the bling? Check out Huhnlein's ribbon bar, and his wear of the BO on the right side:
          Attached Files
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Phleps sported some "heavy metal" as well:
            Attached Files
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
              Phleps sported some "heavy metal" as well:
              His Ribbon-bar says it all.

One of the most decorated SS-Officers and a brilliant leader.
              Collected awards from Austrian Empire, Romanian Empire and TR and some other states. Wide variety.....

Guess would have outmanouvered Dietrich easily with his leadership- and strategic-qualities.

The village he is born is just 10 minutes away from the town i work.
              Edit: have to add that actually i live in Romania and not anymore Switzerland.

Comment

What is it with the NSKK leadership having all the bling? Check out Huhnlein's ribbon bar, and his wear of the BO on the right side:
                Also note the unorthodox wearing of the GPB above his BO ribbon.

Comment

This thread is named "most decorated NSKK-member", but so far I have not seen much NSKK members shown. Just Ritter von Epp and Hühnlein.

There are some that have a large number of decorations worn, as for example:
                  Leo von Bayer-Ehrenberg, the department chief for the Amt Kraftfahrsport and staff-leader for the Oberste Nationale Sportbehörde .
                  NSKK-Brigadeführer since April 1938;
                  Carl Eduard Duke von Coburg (the former leader from the Stahlhelm Reichs-Kraftfahrstaffel and NSKK-Ehrenführer since 1933,
                  promoted to NSKK-Obergruppenführer April 20, 1936. He might have even more decorations then von Epp);
                  Adolf Ritter von Denk (Chefstabsführer in 1935, department-Chief from the Organisationsamt). NSKK-Brigadeführer since January 1939;
                  or Ulrich von Hassell, the Ambassador in Rome from 1932-1937. November 1937 he was promoted as NSKK-Brigadeführer.

Is somebody able to show a photographs of one of these guys, wearing the NSKK-uniform (not another political uniform, please)!
                  Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 10-08-2013, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Very well-decorated General:
                    Attached Files
                    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

A highly-decorated and very impressive general! It's hard to tell whether the neck cross he's wearing is a Pour le Merite or a Knight's Cross of the Johanniter Orden -- high-ranking officers in WWI were often recipients of both decorations, especially field marshals and generals. This is easily identified in color photos, since the enamel of the cross is blue for the Max and white for the Order of Saint John, but in b/w both often appear identical except for close-ups, where the lettering on the Max can be seen (the Johanniter Order has no lettering on the cross).

Br. James

Comment

as before: NO NSKK!

Comment

First time I see a general with a cut out tugra Turkish War Medal. Normally the higher ranks have the more detailed cut out tugras.

I can never be sure but the thickness of the bronze stripes on the arms look very much like a BB&Co made.
                          Tan

Very well-decorated General:

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                          X