Most Decorated NSKK Member?:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most Decorated NSKK Member?:

The award has to go to Hermann Esser--he puts those postwar Soviet Generals to shame:
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Holy cow, he was one busy guy!

Comment

Hi Stonemint
      are you sure Hermann Esser was nskk member?
      I have found him on Axis History Forum, he was nsfk-Gruf. and your pic shows a nsfk uniform.
      The insignia worn on the left arm is for a Freikorps unit (lions head), not a nskk drivers badge.

The most complete I have found on Esser, in german; french and english are to short
      http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermann_Esser
      Cheers

Comment

Looks like hes got a 1st model luft dagger hanging to the left side.

Comment

Hermann Esser held the rank of NSFK-Gruppenführer and the badge he wears on his lower left sleeve is the Freikorps Epp Raute. But Stonemint is certainly right that Esser out-does many a Soviet general or war hero!

Br. James

Comment

Im guessing its not a Luft dagger but the early DLV long dagger which was like the Luft dagger almost exactly except for length.Not the NSFK/DLV knife,but the early DLV.Or could be an honorary Luft gift dagger.

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
              Hermann Esser held the rank of NSFK-Gruppenführer and the badge he wears on his lower left sleeve is the Freikorps Epp Raute. But Stonemint is certainly right that Esser out-does many a Soviet general or war hero!

Br. James

My bad--you guys have sharper eyes than mine!
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

More medals, but there was always something garish and kitschy about the Soviet post-war parade uniforms:
                Attached Files
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

wewelburg-that could be,good point about the dagger.

Comment

Although not a party uniform, Edmund Glaise v. Horstenau has to have set some sort of record for the most awards worn in a TR pic:
                    Attached Files
                    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                      The award has to go to Hermann Esser--he puts those postwar Soviet Generals to shame:
                      Being a Political guy, Esser has it all!

Comment

I guess you could never bend over carefully enough to avoid getting impaled by your awards.
                        Richard V

Comment

Looks like General von Horstenau was trying to put the Reichsmarschall to shame -- which was always hard to do!!

Br. James

Comment

I suppose to go back to the thread's topic, Ritter von Epp would take first place then?

Comment

Great photos and a great thread ....

I used to own this Luftwaffe General's uniform -- it had more loops on it than I have ever seen on a TR uniform. I don't think he has these other guys beat but it was pretty impressive.

Mike
                              Attached Files

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                              X