Mothers cross - ever seen this before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear friends,

Just like Robert, I know Jos Fuess for a while. He says just what he thinks and investigate at a specific moment. More then once we were in a vocabulary battle. we used to call him "Spitfire". But otherwise he's a nice fellow who do his research pretty well.

I try to look at this with an open mind. Every time he comes with the story that we are overwhelmed with fakes, I get pretty nervous. Doesn't he touch us on our greatest fear? Fact is that there are many post-war catalogs showing almost everything from the pré-war and war period for sale. HJ knives for instance, were made in the correct shape and with the correct quillion as in the period. Only without the HJ diamond. And we can wonder how many other things were made in the years after the war.

On the other hand I look at the good facts: The huge production of mother crosses, they many mothers who did not worn there award an put it in a drawer, and as such, give us the chance to buy minty examples today.

But on the bottom line: stay always alert and keep an open mind: the poisoning fire gilding is a proces that's still can be done. Skilled French artists decorate the blades of original TR daggers etc, etc...etc...

Regards, Wim
    Freedom is not for Free

Comment

So you have never owned a MC and are not bringing us any evidence to back up your statements? Strange...

Comment

Originally posted by VidarF View Post
        So you have never owned a MC and are not bringing us any evidence to back up your statements? Strange...
        I was thinking along the same line...
        Regards
        Hans N

Don´t throw away your fake WB´s! Get in touch with me.
        I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

No more replies from Josef Fueß?

Most surprising.........

Comment

Not really surprising at all.

Comment

My point exactly.

Comment

To add to Gaston's point..........

Quote: "We know of the wartime produced crosses in cheap warmetal in 1945, but...we also know of POST WAR AWARDED crosses in 1945!!!Yes that is right!"

Attached Files
                RonR

Comment

That is most interesting!

Thank you for showing.

Comment

Originally posted by bnz41 View Post
                    That is most interesting!

Thank you for showing.
                    One must remember that the post was still being delivered, the milkman was still doing his rounds, the lions in The Tiergarden were being fed daily, life went on till the end...

Comment

Originally posted by burgerhaus View Post
                      This is his MO guys. I had to deal with him at WWM forum until I had basically enough and actually lost interest for awhile. You should check out some of his posts over there. Hopefully he is just passing thru. Have a good weekend. Robert
                      I agree with Robert. This guy gets all pissy when people disagree with him and soon takes his toys and goes home threatening that he'll NEVER return. While everyone rejoices .... just like a bad cold he re-appears ... AGAIN and AGAIN and again and again and ..... ......

Just like the fricken Energizer Bunny. One of the reasons WWM went down the tubes was this clown.

Comment

OK guys, lets forget about Fueß for a while and get back to topic....

I would very much like to learn more about other variations in the way the disc are attached to the cross, so please show your versions here?

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
                          I agree with Robert. This guy gets all pissy when people disagree with him and soon takes his toys and goes home threatening that he'll NEVER return. While everyone rejoices .... just like a bad cold he re-appears ... AGAIN and AGAIN and again and again and ..... ......

Just like the fricken Energizer Bunny. One of the reasons WWM went down the tubes was this clown.
                          If only this would actually permanently work with all those who try to take the fun out of this hobby. Yeah, it is actually supposed to be FUN first. Otherwise stick your cash in a high yield investment.

Like others here, I know Gaston and how much he researches this topic. Would be a damn shame to lose his input here.

Comment

Hi

Thanks for an aducational tread. Very fine documentation.

And Fueß, you have some explaining to do

Comment

FWIW, here's a for sure post-war made Mutterkreuz.
                              Attached Files
                              George

Comment

Originally posted by George Stimson View Post
                                FWIW, here's a for sure post-war made Mutterkreuz.
                                Yes a post war copy for sure!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X