SA collar patches & shoulder boards ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tabs

Just a note: The orange tabs in posts #2 and #3 (42/119 and 27/M55) - Are you sure these tabs are from Gruppe Sudwest, and not Mitte? I don't have access to the Gruppe lists, but some of these guys on the forum can probably confirm. Personally, I don't know, but both Gruppes used the same color tabs and embroidery, of course. Nice items!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
      Just a note: The orange tabs in posts #2 and #3 (42/119 and 27/M55) - Are you sure these tabs are from Gruppe Sudwest, and not Mitte? I don't have access to the Gruppe lists, but some of these guys on the forum can probably confirm. Personally, I don't know, but both Gruppes used the same color tabs and embroidery, of course. Nice items!!!

Looking at the size (height) of the second, lower numbers at each tab (behind the slash), I would say these are all showing the Standarte.

According to the information I have:

- Standarte 119 was in the area of Stuttgart (I don´t know the exact location yet; just found some data on the internet saying in the area of Stuttgart)
      - Reiterstandarte 55 in Ludwigsburg (near Stuttgart)
      - Motorstandarte M55 in Ludwigsburg (near Stuttgart)

Thus all tabs should be from the Gruppe Südwest.

Comment

Tabs

It looks like someone did their homework!! I don't have access to any lists.

Comment

It looks like someone did their homework!! I don't have access to any lists.
          Check this website out:

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtop...166669&start=0

Here´s another one, but in German:

http://wehrmacht.vndv.com/Sa/saindex.htm

Comment

Originally posted by ivbaust View Post
            Looking at the size (height) of the second, lower numbers at each tab (behind the slash), I would say these are all showing the Standarte.

According to the information I have:

- Standarte 119 was in the area of Stuttgart (I don´t know the exact location yet; just found some data on the internet saying in the area of Stuttgart)
            - Reiterstandarte 55 in Ludwigsburg (near Stuttgart)
            - Motorstandarte M55 in Ludwigsburg (near Stuttgart)

Thus all tabs should be from the Gruppe Südwest.
            42/119 Stuttgart area indeed
            8/55 Marbach(Sudwest)
            M55 Gruppe Elbe...I think. Sean

Comment

Originally posted by luftwaffe blue View Post
              M55 Gruppe Elbe...I think. Sean
              Thanks, Sean.

I´ve researched the state archive of Baden-Württemberg (state in sout-west Germany; former Gruppe Südwest). There are numerous documents stating that M55 belonged to the area of Ludigsburg (near Stuttgart), thus Gruppe Südwest.

Comment

Thanks, Sean.

I´ve researched the state archive of Baden-Württemberg (state in sout-west Germany; former Gruppe Südwest). There are numerous documents stating that M55 belonged to the area of Ludigsburg (near Stuttgart), thus Gruppe Südwest.
                Please post the details, i cannot see M55 Stuttgart on the Shaef list i have, it would be of benefit to my list if so, thanks Sean

Comment

Please post the details, i cannot see M55 Stuttgart on the Shaef list i have, it would be of benefit to my list if so, thanks Sean
                  Sean,

Here´s a link to the state archive of Baden-Württemberg, which is located in Ludwigsburg.

https://www2.landesarchiv-bw.de/ofs2...Klassi=001.002

The site is in German, but you can read several times "M55 Ludwigsburg".

For example the first document is: "Erfassung der NSKK-Männer des NSKK-Motorsturms 13/M 55 Ludwigsburg und ihrer Beitragszahlungen", which means in English: "Recording of the NSKK men of the NSKK Motorsturm 13/M55 Ludwigsburg and their payment of contributions".

This shows clearly IMO that the Motorstandarte M55 was located in Ludwigsburg.

Comment

I've got:
                    Reiterstandarte 55, located in Ludwigsburg/ Stuttgart-W,
                    Brigade 55 (Württemberg-Nord)
                    Group Südwest/Neckar

I believe I have a Reiter lance pennant from the same Standarte, different Reitersturm.
                    Erich
                    Festina lente!

Comment

Westmark or Niedersachsen?

Unit "12/260" Dark Brown Tab - Westmark or Niedersachsen?

Comment

Unit "12/260" Dark Brown Tab - Westmark or Niedersachsen?
                        Since the Standarte 261 was located in the city of "Bad-Ems" (Gruppe Westmark), I would tend to say it´s rather Westmark than Niedersachsen. But just my speculation!

Comment

... on the Shaef list ...
                          Sean, what kind of list is this?

Comment

Since the Standarte 261 was located in the city of "Bad-Ems" (Gruppe Westmark), I would tend to say it´s rather Westmark than Niedersachsen. But just my speculation!
                            I think I must correct myself

Just found this photo on a German website. It says "Kaffeetafel der SA Standarte 260 am Schützenhaus (Ort: Lüchow)", which can be translated into English as "Coffee table of the Standarte 260 at the clubhouse (City: Lüchow). And Lüchow is located today in the German federal state of Niedersachsen

Source: http://www.wendland-archiv.de/detail...Ctzenhaus/2753
                            Attached Files

Comment

Photo

Thanks!! Great research on your part!!

Comment

hi
                                The site is in German, but you can read several times "M55 Ludwigsburg".

For example the first document is: "Erfassung der NSKK-Männer des NSKK-Motorsturms 13/M 55 Ludwigsburg und ihrer Beitragszahlungen", which means in English: "Recording of the NSKK men of the NSKK Motorsturm 13/M55 Ludwigsburg and their payment of contributions".

This shows clearly IMO that the Motorstandarte M55 was located in Ludwigsburg.
                                The nskk Motorstandarte M55 was located in Ludwigsburg but changing to Stuttgart, Filderstraße 45/I during the year 1938.
                                IMO the collar patch you show us is an old MSA (Motor SA) style, and shortly worn by nskk members (january 11, 1935 to August 1935).
                                I don't know where was located the Motorsturm 27/M55, probably in a town or village near Ludwigsburg?
                                Cheers

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X