Comment

Very nice!! love orange SA insgnia.

Comment

reverse
              Attached Files

Comment

oops.

Comment

Are there any book recommendations regarding the SA and their insignia?

I have the book from J. D. Fuller "Collectors Guide to Storm Troops Insignia". Are there any more books dealing with this topic?
                  Attached Files

Comment

The Littlejohn book (Osprey Men at Arms series) Hitler's SA is still available under $20.00. It's a good overall reference but it doesn't go into the small changes and details. For the price, though, it's one you should pick up. The only other non period book would be the Angolia book 'Cloth Insignia of the NSDAP and SA', which you can find here and there but it's rather pricey since it's been out of print for many years. I'm working on an SA book or books with several other collectors, but we're still researching the thousands of regulations and changes, so it's going to take a while before that is available.
                    Erich
                    Festina lente!

Comment

Maybe you can search also for Halcomb's book about the SA.

Eric: is your upcoming book about SA uniforms only, or also about the history.

I can't wait for the book.

Regards,

Klaas

Comment

Originally posted by Erich Benndorff View Post
                        The Littlejohn book (Osprey Men at Arms series) Hitler's SA is still available under $20.00. It's a good overall reference but it doesn't go into the small changes and details. For the price, though, it's one you should pick up. The only other non period book would be the Angolia book 'Cloth Insignia of the NSDAP and SA', which you can find here and there but it's rather pricey since it's been out of print for many years. I'm working on an SA book or books with several other collectors, but we're still researching the thousands of regulations and changes, so it's going to take a while before that is available.
                        Erich
                        Thank you, Erich, for the recommendations

I have already the Littlejohn book. It´s good for getting some basic information, but I want more details. I´ve just ordered the Angolia book from a dealer in the UK. Quite costly, but books always pay out.

I have a period "Handbook of the SA" from 1939, which has also some information, but also rather basic.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Klaas B. View Post
                          Maybe you can search also for Halcomb's book about the SA. ...
                          Thank you Will do!

Comment

I don't usually recommend the Halcomb book, as the history portion is riddled with errors, and the 'collectables' area really won't tell you very much. But there are a few photographs of items not pictured in the other books. I wouldn't pay big money for that one, though.
                            Erich
                            Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich Benndorff View Post
                              I don't usually recommend the Halcomb book, as the history portion is riddled with errors, and the 'collectables' area really won't tell you very much. But there are a few photographs of items not pictured in the other books. I wouldn't pay big money for that one, though.
                              Erich
                              Good to know ... I just wanted to order one

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X