Golden Party badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golden Party badge

Would be glad to have your opinions on this one. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Like it
      Straßburger / When in doubt do without...
      - Looking for : SS TK «Oberbayern» flatwire CT.

Comment

BEAUTIFUL

Comment

seems that this badge still create mixed reactions? http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=444576

The dot pattern is not as usual and the lettering is different. I can see that myself.
          Many GPB collectors don't believe in a second pattern enamel disq.

Regards, Wim
          Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Hi Wim,

I'm still not sure what to think of this odd pattern. Weitze had a 1943 AH version for sale last year and we kicked it around on the old GPB forum (now gone). Some liked it, others were skeptical.

I've never had one of these in hand, but I hadn't seen one before last year with the odd stippling under the red enamel and a few other die differences to the wreath and enamel disc. The numbers on your example are bunched up in places.

I am still unconvinced these are not a very new repro, and would be very cautious, although it is pretty convincing.

Comment

Thanks for the input Stephen. It's a weird badge, that's for sure. The leaves are very well made. I don't know of the large Deschler GPB has tiny die flaws in the wreath, like the 24mm version? If that was the case we could compare them somehow. Besides... if it a fake and is not recently made, where does it comes from? We know the good qualtiy reproductions with the number "1" and the Austrian Fuess fake from the 80's. But this is different. Some people buying these expensive badges. Just say "good" or "bad" an move on, is not enough for satisfy a scared owner of these specimen IMO.

Regards, Wim
              Freedom is not for Free

Comment

The WWM seems to be back up. Here is a rougher version with the same enamel centre I'm convinced is a modern fake: http://www.worldwarmilitaria.com/for...ead.php?t=6507

Notice the poor double strike of the wreath - this would never have made it out the door at Deschler. I think the one in this thread is just an improved version with better impressed numbers but the same odd stippling in the red enamel. The pattern of the raised dots under the red is identical.

Here are the photos for those who can't access them:

Last edited by sjl; 06-29-2010, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sjl View Post
                  The WWM seems to be back up. Here is a rougher version with the same enamel centre I'm convinced is a modern fake: http://www.worldwarmilitaria.com/for...ead.php?t=6507

Notice the poor double strike of the wreath - this would never have made it out the door at Deschler. I think the one in this thread is just an improved version with better impressed numbers but the same odd stippling in the red enamel. The pattern of the raised dots under the red is identical.

Here are the photos for those who can't access them:

Looks to be the same Stephen, and that's why in the other thread I posted that I didn't like the badge.

Comment

Great close-ups my friends. These reveals a lot of sloppy spots. I admit you are both right: I wouldn't have this one in my collection. Indeed the wreath looks more worse now and the same counts for the lettering! Think I need a pair of glasses

Regards, Wim
                    Freedom is not for Free

Comment

GBP's

Well I admit that things don't look as good as they did for this GBP but it is scary when the fakers get so many things right. It is also strange that they would bunch the numbers as Stephen points out.

Of course the jury is still out on this one but who would now buy this badge when there are doubts about it...

Stan

Comment

The more carefull you look at the close -ups the more little, but sloppy, faults become visible. But I don't think it's very wise to put them all on a list here on the forum.

Regards, Wim
                        Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X