Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You offered your well-based opinions and I am impressed - and amused.

All you do is finally nuking your own pieces and this thread and marketplace.

You scare potential sellers, newcomers and buyers off.

So this thread has run it´s course.

I don´t need to share my knowledge, pieces and opinions here - it is just a waste of time and nobody values it anyway.

Find another victim - I am off.

Comment

Erbhof plate

Considering all those things I just read this must be a cast fake then ?

Bought from the e-stand not long ago.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
        Find another victim - I am off.

Why are you running away?

Best
        John

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne B. View Post
          Who from I wonder?
          Best,
          John

Comment

John,

nobody is running away.

I just need to eat something from time to time, you know?

But let´s wait and see what the Erbhof-sign experts will say to the example Etienne posted here.

I am really curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
              John,

nobody is running away.

I just need to eat something from time to time, you know?
              Thorsten,
              OK I see, I thought when I saw you say "I am off" you were going to leave, my mistake
              Best
              John

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne B. View Post
                Considering all those things I just read this must be a cast fake then ?

I have no expertise whatsoever with these pieces but can you draw that conclusion from what's been said? Nothing I see tells us that, also nothing tells us what a real one looks like for sure.

Without any real evidence the position of the mounting holes tells us nothing, apart from as Robert says its only a matter of minutes to tap three holes, about the same time as it would take to countersink the three holes on the type with holes all the way through. No real significant difference in time to produce either piece, for a faker or original producer.

From a practical point of view, the three holes all way through seems a good option, you could mount to a wall, door or gate from the front. With only reverse access you could mount to a door or gate but would have to mount to a board first before going on a wall.

Comment

I would think the holes on these Signs always depends where it was mounted...wooden Gate, Wall, Iron Gate etc tec

so IMO holes are no sign or tell tale of anything!

I think with these Signs its pretty much the same like with Julleuchter... these are very simple made Items and there are not really any specific spots on them to tell a good from a bad.....on the Erbhof Signs its for sure even harder than on the i.E. Julleuchter

Andreas

Comment

I never really doubted my piece.It was just a reaction on opinions expressed on the forum.There were a lot of Erbhof farmhouses in that time so maybe there were more firms that produced these pieces.
                    On the other hand when you are making fakes then the three holes with thread is indeed a minor problem.Who sold them by the way.I visit militaria fairs for at least 20 years and never saw one for sale.And no one has ever offered me one..............

The market isn't flooded for sure because then they should appear everywhere.Has anybody seen archive material regarding the manufacturing of these pieces?

Etienne

Comment

Experts and their claims and goals

Until now I have had three different examples/versions in my hand:

- one with - as already mentioned - a stamp on the back bearing a letter or number (cannot recall in detail what it was at the moment)

- then the version with three holes from the back

- and the one with three holes in the front

Indeed the version with three holes in the front is the most practical one - and when the sign is fixed with nails/bolts/screws in the right size the holes are not visable at all anymore.

Erbhof signs were for sure a mass product at that time and were sent just within a small parcel from each regional section of the Reichsnährstand (Landesbauernschaft) to the recipient - I remember one example surfaced years ago still in this original parcel with address of Landesbauernschaft and recipient on it.

What is most noteworthy is the fact that nobody ever claimed them to be copied/faked - until now by Robert H.

Long time before I offered an Erbhof sign a few others did so in the market as well.

Then I offered my few examples gathered over years of hunting and he did not make his claim either.

But suddenly now in a concert with Michael and Don - just a bit strange, isn´t it?

And if I make a claim that a piece offered by others is a fake then there needs to be serious evidence - otherwise it does not count at all, is just another opinion and it the worst case a lie.

Comment

Another example? This one is in the very first post of this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack83 View Post
                          Another example? This one is in the very first post of this thread.
                          Jack, that's one with three threaded screw holes on reverse.

Comment

And so?

Comment

Do you think it's painted or cast from so other material? It just looked different to me from the other examples shown.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack83 View Post
                                Do you think it's painted or cast from so other material? It just looked different to me from the other examples shown.
                                I think the photographer just makes cast iron and wrought iron look silver, the dark tones are just way over exposed and the white balance is not correct. You can see the same pieces look quite different when photographed by the current owners.

Same shot with highlights suppressed.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Steve T; 03-28-2011, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 104 users online. 0 members and 104 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X