• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that´s an impressive beauty!

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Nice photo to start the weekend nice example !

Comment

some images from a 1943 Book (Das Dorf)...thought you gonna like it

Andreas
          Attached Files

Comment

o
            Attached Files

Comment

p
              Attached Files

Comment

g
                Attached Files

Comment

l
                  Attached Files

Comment

Just a quick thought. had Germany won the war, wed be in year 78 of the 1000 yr Reich. How much cooler would a place like IKEA be?

Comment

Now if we could only find a period photo of an Erbhof plaque in use...

Comment

nice 1800 truhe proves my point

Originally posted by Thälmannpionier View Post
                        l
                        Thalmannpioneir, nice photos of a nice book.
                        I like page 100.
                        Where it shows a truhe from 1800 with all the nice symbols that would make someone think SS Kultural corner material. At least before I stated this was an incorrect theory.
                        Proving my point with those in this thread who argued that I was wrong in daring to point out that truhes/chests with pagan symbols like this julrad zeichen on this beautiful and very old (but not nazi or SS ) truhes are not always from the TR era, and pagan images do not prove it is SS.
                        Last edited by Michael Fay; 03-26-2011, 06:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
                          to point out that truhes/chests with pagan symbols like this julrad zeichen on this beautiful and very old (but not nazi or SS ) truhe.
                          correct Michael

those Chests with "Sinnbild Carvings" (Pagan Symbols)existed looong long before the 3rd Reich existed....same with other Cultural Furniture
                          Items.

Andreas

Comment

Originally posted by ETN View Post
                            Now if we could only find a period photo of an Erbhof plaque in use...
                            One can only wish.........

Comment

For sure the SS needed to take their symbolism from somewhere - and they showed many of these same pics in their books to make clear where they got these symbols from and why they use it - to keep the old german traditions alive.

As others and I already pointed out that was especially done by SS-Sturmbannführer Karl Theodor Weigel and his Sinnbild-Archiv in Göttingen and in Berlin.

There were many different types of chests and decoration (colored or carved - or even both) used within centuries - but to find authentic chests from the period is still a desire and a specialty just already because they are extremely rare and in most cases unique masterpieces.

Comment

Originally posted by Thälmannpionier View Post
                                l
                                Nice group of pictures from your book

Pagan or Christian symbols, I guess it depends on who is using them The chest to me looks Christian. We should also bear in mind they are symbols used in other part of Europe too.

Here's another picture from a book of mine, a Church ceiling in Schönborn.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 45 users online. 0 members and 45 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X