Wikinger wood box:
    Attached Files

Comment

more:
      Attached Files

Comment

heraldric runic tray

Meht,
        beautiful and also artistically slightly different than most items we see. A very interesting difference-even with the teller. I believe the tray is showing the resurgence in an interest in heraldic devices for family names. If an old heraldry was not known, a new heraldric design was to be made(with runic motifs if possible)...for those who wanted them. And yes, some in the SS would have gone for this for sure.
        ---In my humble opinion.

Comment

Michael,

the tray is showing the year of marriage (1941), the first letter of their names, and their year of birth, but what is the meaning of the numbers above the runes? Must have a relation to their family, but which? Couldnt be the year of birth of their parents ...

Comment

Originally posted by m-e-h-t View Post
            Michael,

the tray is showing the year of marriage (1941), the first letter of their names, and their year of birth, but what is the meaning of the numbers above the runes? Must have a relation to their family, but which? Couldnt be the year of birth of their parents ...
            Yes, I got that it was the year of their betrothal but the above dates are a bit off for a birth /death dates of their Eltern so, I have no idea. unless it has somthing to do with the heraldric devices in some way? which would still make it family or Sippe related as in a merging or creation of somthing?.
            But I am only guessing now.

Comment

m-e-h-t,

you got some very nice items there - thank you for sharing!

The unusual wedding plate is FASCINATING

Also interesting that on the back of the other wooden plate the carved motif is mentioned in pencil:

"Sämann bei aufgehender Sonne" - beautiful carving!

Comment

Originally posted by m-e-h-t View Post
                here is my add to this great threat:
                Interesting wedding plate/tray there, thanks for showing. Great to see more input here.

Comment

More input...

...regarding the use of signs of the zodiac on SS wooden cultural pieces:

This plate came out of the household of a member of the Allgemeine SS - Standarte 56 in Bamberg, the last known rank of this man within the Allgemeine SS was SS-Sturmbannführer.

Diameter is 29 cm - height is 4 cm.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Details:
                    Attached Files

Comment

Back with maker`s mark.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
                        Hello Steve ,
                        Can you help me out and tell me what part did thorsten play that was "healthy" ?

Michael,

I welcome the thoughts and opinions of all interested in this subject and enjoy seeing the items presented here. More is learnt when we all add what we can surely.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                          Details:
                          From a period book, can't recall which one right now, sorry!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Finally summarizing the tempest in a teapot it is interesting that Michael stated this:

"By the way I have had private emails from many european collectors (of SS cultural objects) who told me they will never share their collection or thoughts simply because of this one member who they saw I was having problems with."

So we have here some WAF members who are never givers but always takers and consumers.

Not only for that part that´s not really those members bringing this interesting thread and discussion forward.

So they deny of sharing their thoughts just because I am here?

Now that´s interesting since everybody is free in joining, sharing and discussing here and I am the last who does not enjoy that.

I think these members (or just "european collectors") might have a problem with me in so far as they smell that moving faked items - like some wooden SS MK boxes as one example! - into the market has become very hard - and surely not only due to my presence.

Bottom line:

This is indeed suspicious and I just wait for the first assessment out of Milano regarding these SS MK boxes!

Comment

Some really wonderful items appearing in this thread!

Comment

...wow...

m-e-h-t, beautiful pieces.. my favorite the Wikinger wood box..
                                Thorsten, awesome zodiac plate!
                                i'll keep a look out on e-stand

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 57 users online. 0 members and 57 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X