Brown Shirt and Breeches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wewelsburg View Post
    As far as it having belt hooks like SS?Im not sure of that.Most brownshirts have similar hooks,unless maybe they are SS marked?Tailor made tunic?Are you speaking of teh brownshirt in the pictures?I dont believe there is such a thing as a tailor made brownshirt they are all mass produced,not individually tailored.Are we talking of the same item here the one in teh pictures?There is a n RZM tag in it a factory tag,certainly not tailor made.It has eagles on teh buttons so it is a political brownshirt.
    It is a political brownshirt, NSDAP, its the set up for the belt ramp , I have not seen this on too many tunics before.

Comment

I wished i could post some pics for you, there is no MANAGE ATTACHMENTS ICON at the bottom, do you know why that is, because I'm so new, or what ?

You really seem to know these tunics....

Comment

Only Association Members can post pictures.
        As the wise Wewelsburg stated, this isn't a tailor made brownshirt--those do exist, but this is an off-the-rack RZM example. There was no special SS style of belt ramps--all brownshirts used either sewn-in ramps or removable ramps (e.g. "Bobi"). The 1939 pattern PL brownshirts did away with the ramps and had belt loops instead which fit the larger PL belt and gold buckle introduced at the same time.
        Erich
        Festina lente!

Comment

Posting these for blackheart0866
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Karl, much appreciated, AS this i will be signing up for a full membership this week, as this is really a great website.

My grandmother was old school German, and taught me at a very young how to sew, and i have done tunic, and visor cap restorations for people in the past, so i fixed the problem of the blue collar cord, and i also used period era original threads.

thanks

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X