Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown Shirt and Breeches?

Hi,

This set has been offered to me, it looks OK to me but uniforms aren't my main collecting interest. Opinions appreciated and what would the value be approximately? Thanks
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Outfit

I'm sure the brownshirt should have blue collar piping like the collar tabs, but thicker. IMHO, you'd be better off with a different shirt. You could always keep an eye out for some original piping, but who needs the headache? The pants and claw belt may be a better investment. Need better pics of the belt and buckle. Remember - even if they are offered as a set, odds are, they're only a set because some collector MADE them a set. Let's see what others say.

Comment

save your money.

Comment

Whats wrong with it, what do you see besides the collar cord is missing on it.
              Last edited by blackheart0866; 05-17-2010, 10:48 PM.

Comment

No piping on brownshirt equals tabs put on post war.not a complete bronshirt see first reply.Sure its all good stuff and real but it was most likely an unissued brownshirt and someone put tabs on later.it needs blue piping around collar,are you the seller?

Comment

Originally posted by wewelsburg View Post
                  No piping on brownshirt equals tabs put on post war.not a complete bronshirt see first reply.Sure its all good stuff and real but it was most likely an unissued brownshirt and someone put tabs on later.it needs blue piping around collar,are you the seller?
                  Yes, its my tunic, and breeches, and i corrected the blue collar cord on it, i had an tunic that had severe moth damage to it, so i took that collar cord off, and sewn it on, using correct period thread.

So it does now have the correct blue collar cord on it, there was pieces of thread under the collar, so there was collar cord there at one time.

He did not post the other pics i sent to him, and i do not know how to post more pics here, i would if i could....

Comment

What made you figure out i was the owner of it.

Comment

Because you have 1 post,and the first post you ever made here was in reguards to this brownshirt.Elementary.

Comment

Because you have 1 post,and the first post you ever made here was in reguards to this brownshirt.Elementary.
                        I see, such a wise , and very smart person.

I have more pics of this tunic, that looks like it was a private purchase tailor made tunic, it has a belt hook set up ive seen only on SS Brownshirts.

If i could post pics i would, There is no icon at the bottom for me to post pics for you to see.

Comment

I dont see any other problems.If the buyer does'nt mind teh redoing of the piping,no problems.The only other thing is the belt,which is a minor thing ..any markings belt or buckle?What color is belt thread ?

Comment

As far as it having belt hooks like SS?Im not so sure of that.Most brownshirts have similar hooks,unless maybe they are SS marked and have been changed out?Tailor made tunic?Are you speaking of teh brownshirt in the pictures?,this is not a tunic its a shirt a tunic is like a jacket.
                            I dont believe there is such a thing as a tailor made brownshirt they are all mass produced,not individually tailored.Are we talking of the same item here the one in teh pictures?There is a n RZM tag in it a factory tag,certainly not tailor made.It has eagles on teh buttons and the rzm tag reads that it is a political brownshirt,factory produced.

Comment

I dont believe the belt to authentic, but the buckle, i would say, its all gold tone, and has plenty of age, but that can be faked also.

I am more concerned the the tunic, breeches, and the tie to be authentic, inwhich they are.

The arm band is of multi-piece construction.

All of the buttons are in mint condition, and has both correct double buttons for the sleeve cuffs.

The belt hooks are maker marked, and stamped where they are sewn in.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X