Goldenes Parteiabzeichen Für Ausländer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McCulloh View Post
    I own one of these-in a red presentation box that I got in 1974 for....10 pounds!
    These were made in the UK and peddled throughout the collecting community for a decade by several dealers....including the chaps who wrote "the early books".
    Even Angolia says these are fakes...and he said so to me in 1995!
    The one above that is allegedly Horthys is almost certainly a fake also.

However, there WERE presentaion badges made and they aren't too hard to find-IF you know what you are looking for/at.

To give you all a clue-have a look at Oswald Mosleys' gift badge and Unity Mitfords' badge.
    i thought Unity Mitfords badge was a regular party badge?

Comment

I own one of these-in a red presentation box that I got in 1974 for....10 pounds!
      These were made in the UK and peddled throughout the collecting community for a decade by several dealers....including the chaps who wrote "the early books".
      Even Angolia says these are fakes...and he said so to me in 1995!
      The one above that is allegedly Horthys is almost certainly a fake also.

However, there WERE presentaion badges made and they aren't too hard to find-IF you know what you are looking for/at.

To give you all a clue-have a look at Oswald Mosleys' gift badge and Unity Mitfords' badge.
      I'm not saying they are legitimate, but if you look closely, the one pictured in Littlejohn is different from that in the Hermann Auction, both on the obverse and reverse, especially the pin and signature. Littlejohn published in 1968. Were these badges being pushed by dealers then? And his successors relied on his work to a great extent. Angolia did not include one in his "FuF". As for his assessment, well he thought the full size Party Long Service for females was some concoction worn on a brooch. He didn't even bother to read the Organisationsbuch. So much for research.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
        I'm not saying they are legitimate, but if you look closely, the one pictured in Littlejohn is different from that in the Hermann Auction, both on the obverse and reverse, especially the pin and signature. Littlejohn published in 1968. Were these badges being pushed by dealers then? And his successors relied on his work to a great extent. Angolia did not include one in his "FuF". As for his assessment, well he thought the full size Party Long Service for females was some concoction worn on a brooch. He didn't even bother to read the Organisationsbuch. So much for research.
        Good point Joe, regarding Reference books and that they can't be thought of as Gospels but only as a guide.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Olav Holden View Post
          Very interesting, could you post photos of Your's?

No because I don't have posting priveledges. Besides, I'm not a big fan of giving it away for free anymore. I've come to see the world the way Rick lundstrom does.
          Last edited by McCulloh; 04-08-2010, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry OToole View Post
            i thought Unity Mitfords badge was a regular party badge?
            she had two- but no, her presentation one was not and she was later given one made in London too-complete with english hallmarks.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
              Interesting thread you have started here Jon-Olav!

I was also wondering about the HJ Honour Badge in Gold with Rubies and Diamonds which is for sale in the same auction and apparently also belonged to Horthy.

It appears to be a beauty but the pin is different to another I have seen and handled. My other thought is that Angolia claims that the FIRST badge of this type was given to Baldur v Schirach in 1942 on the occassion of his 35th birthday yet the badge for auction is clearly dated 1938!

I found the comments regarding the GPB (that they were made in the UK in the 1970's) also interesting. One was offered to me by a famous German dealer 4 years ago in it's red box for €1650!

Stan
              yes! That was one of them-they are still floating around. Bill Shea laughed when I showed him mine: "That's quite a badge"-again 15 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
                No- I wasn't referencing Littlejohn. I was told these English made badges began to appear @ 1970.

Good to see you again Joe! hey- I think I have a semi-anwser to the Party long service medals cut off date question.

Comment

No- I wasn't referencing Littlejohn. I was told these English made badges began to appear @ 1970.

Good to see you again Joe! hey- I think I have a semi-anwser to the Party long service medals cut off date question.
                  I'm all ears my friend. What was the date. Or perhaps you should bring up that old post which was most informative. Should be pinned.

Comment

It popped up a while back. Rick L. and i had a Loooong series of discussions about your medal. I think I have located the Chancellory decree which stopped awards at the U. Michigan. I have it on request. One thing is almost 100% certain- NO 1st class LS were awarded after spring 1943. No one has seen a document or any reference beyond that date. A "Stalingrad" measure".

By the way, Rick is very ill.
                    I found the thread and bumped it up-it's over in the "political badges and tinnies' forum. I'll bump the relevant one at GMIC too.
                    Last edited by McCulloh; 04-09-2010, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Olav Holden View Post
                      Admiral Miklós Horthy von Nagybánya
                      [ATTACH]1463252[/ATTACH]
                      Never seen picture, when Horthy wears this...

Comment

she had two- but no, her presentation one was not and she was later given one made in London too-complete with english hallmarks.
                        wow thats interesting , any idea where that latter badge is now?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X