Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goldenes Parteiabzeichen Für Ausländer

Hello friends and political collectors

Here's a rare badge offered by Hermann Historica in their new auction.

The golden partybadge for foreign's where only awarded twice, one time to
    Vidkun Quisling (Norwegian Ministerpresident during the war)

And one to Admiral Miklós Horthy von Nagybánya (The regent of Hungary from 1 March 1920 to 15 October 1944)

This badge belonged to Admiral Horthy, starting price 5000euro Auction lot 7284
    Hermann Historica, München. http://www.hermann-historica.de

01332_b.jpg

[ATTACH]1463251[/ATTACH]

Comment

Admiral Miklós Horthy von Nagybánya
      Horthy_the_regent.jpg

Comment

Vidkun Quisling,

quisling2.jpg

Comment

Quisling next to Reichskommissar für die besetzten Norwegischen Gebiete
          Josef Terboven (Former Gauleiter of Essen) And SS Obergruppenführer Wilhelm Rediess

quisling.jpg

Comment

Jon, I have never been a fan of these badges and I have never seen a photo of one in wear. David Littlejohn shows one in his book and he states that there is no evidence that these were ever awarded. JMO.

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
              Jon, I have never been a fan of these badges and I have never seen a photo of one in wear. David Littlejohn shows one in his book and he states that there is no evidence that these were ever awarded. JMO.
              I'm going to agree with you on that one Erich. I have in fact never ever seen another one for sale, they are aid to be extremely rare (obvious). I am Norwegian, so clearly i collect stuff from the Norwegian nazi party (Nasjonal Samling) to. But i have never seen a photo of Quisling with this badge, which is rather strange. And i'm always very careful when it comes to badges with Hitler's signature on.

It would be interesting to see any documentation on it.

Comment

Far to dangerous to spend that much on a badge thats not documented or shown in period publications etc. Chris Ailsby special ?

Comment

There was a silver party badge. i think thats what its called. i saw one in a red presentation case back in 74 for 150. I always regretted not buying it, but its in one of the early books. Im not sure ive seen this close a shot, but is possible. I know there was one. Interesting! Looks very well made..not sure on the catch, as these are seldom encountered. Its times like this i wish i had bought that one i saw back long ago.

Comment

The lock and catch say "Made in the USA". This was a common lock and catch set up on US badges in WW 2. I have never seen a German badge with this type of hardware. Common on US stuff. I would have my doubts.

Comment

It will be interesting to see what it will sell for/if sold.

Comment

I own one of these-in a red presentation box that I got in 1974 for....10 pounds!
                        These were made in the UK and peddled throughout the collecting community for a decade by several dealers....including the chaps who wrote "the early books".
                        Even Angolia says these are fakes...and he said so to me in 1995!
                        The one above that is allegedly Horthys is almost certainly a fake also.

However, there WERE presentaion badges made and they aren't too hard to find-IF you know what you are looking for/at.

To give you all a clue-have a look at Oswald Mosleys' gift badge and Unity Mitfords' badge.

Comment

Originally posted by McCulloh View Post
                          I own one of these-in a red presentation box that I got in 1974 for....10 pounds!
                          These were made in the UK and peddled throughout the collecting community for a decade by several dealers....including the chaps who wrote "the early books".
                          Even Angolia says these are fakes...and he said so to me in 1995!
                          The one above that is allegedly Horthys is almost certainly a fake also.

However, there WERE presentaion badges made and they aren't too hard to find-IF you know what you are looking for/at.

To give you all a clue-have a look at Oswald Mosleys' gift badge and Unity Mitfords' badge.

Very interesting, could you post photos of Your's?

Comment

Interesting thread you have started here Jon-Olav!

I was also wondering about the HJ Honour Badge in Gold with Rubies and Diamonds which is for sale in the same auction and apparently also belonged to Horthy.

It appears to be a beauty but the pin is different to another I have seen and handled. My other thought is that Angolia claims that the FIRST badge of this type was given to Baldur v Schirach in 1942 on the occassion of his 35th birthday yet the badge for auction is clearly dated 1938!

I found the comments regarding the GPB (that they were made in the UK in the 1970's) also interesting. One was offered to me by a famous German dealer 4 years ago in it's red box for €1650!

Stan

Comment

Here is a modern copy to compare. Retails for around £25.00.

Looks rather yellow but it is in fact silver.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X