FlandersMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early Adolf Hitler signature 1923. Original?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CurtD View Post
    Was it common for Hitler to sign membership books?

No one can authenticate a signature from a picture on a computer. An obvious fake can certainly be ruled out, but a professional will require a hands-on inspection.

And what is that German word below his signature? I can't make it out.
    Not shure if it was normal for him to sign them in later time, but i would guess it would be more normal in the early books.

Comment

As curt D said...an expert is the key, but youll have to pay for such authentication most times from professionals like the guy who tried to sell those fake hitler documents, fooled all the experts ...almost.. the reason i said it didnt look original was it didnt match the breaks in the first name, stroke angles of the extra downward cross in H... isnt in line with other ones ive seen...as this signature flows in yours readable as adolph...the other original is sticcatto , and the last name H loop all wrong, not to mention other fine points Of movements of the pen , and differences drastic from the end of the name. But again this opinion of mine is just a feeling i get. ( as i said im no expert, but a pro will be even more critical)You need to compare to more of the early style, but ive never been able to read the adolph part hardly ever,at any time of his life in his signatures , as generally , its just stylized and unreadable most times. Sometimes hitlers signatures are a stamp facsimile(as stated). I hope it is original for you as i feel if it is it may be for sale, but if it is i would sell it at a professional autograph auction(there are people who have price guides of peoples signatures all thru history...too bad these documents were water damaged .Why would hitler sign the back of that paper is beyond me....???? autograph maybe?? I dunno.Best of luck ...and ...dont be discouraged by my comments . I wouldnt worry about values till i was sure if it was original.
      Last edited by juoneen; 11-16-2009, 07:26 PM.

Comment

I am awestruck !!! Thank you for sharing some wonderful material with us.

Personally speaking - - I don't think the condition to be an issue here.

Comment

From a few years I have the following photo with signature, that I repute not engraved, of Adolph Hitler. To the back of the following photo a stamp is engraved; you you could tell me your opinion?
          Attached Files

Comment

back
            Attached Files

Comment

stamp
              Attached Files

Comment

To the same person of the photo had been concessoa him the following document with signatures of Adolph Hitler and his secretary Messner
                Attached Files

Comment

part. signature of photo
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by italianwaffenSS; 01-02-2010, 07:35 AM.

Comment

part. of signatures of the document
                    Attached Files

Comment

Last edited by wewelsburg; 01-02-2010, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Most everyone's signature changes with time,to compare late signatures with early ones is ludicrous,all these look fine me based on ones I have seen.
                        Juoneen I'm sorry but you have the tendency to just guess at things,as you did with a 100% period item that you may remember involved me in the recent past.These mixed uneducated guesses you give confuse the issue, saying something is bad based solely on a feeling is not a proper assessment.As you say your not an expert,so lets leave it to experts or others who have a semblance of real knowledge on the issue.People who have actually handled or owned Hitler signatures or dealt with them.Erich for one says it looks good,Id value his opinion as he knows his stuff and has proven so.
                        As you say leave it to the experts,if your not one don't give a negative opinion based on a gut feel,as hazy guesses do nothing for the owner or those who wish to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by CurtD View Post
                          Was it common for Hitler to sign membership books?

No one can authenticate a signature from a picture on a computer. An obvious fake can certainly be ruled out, but a professional will require a hands-on inspection.

And what is that German word below his signature? I can't make it out.
                          I own a NSDAP red membership book issued in 1927, to a guy who joined in 1929. This is one of the earlier membership books and Hitler's signature on the bottom left of the data page is a machine reproduction. I have a 1935 NSDAP red book, different internal set up, it has the same Hitler machine done signature as the earlier book.

Comment

well the 2 ink ones here are totally different,machine or hand done they are not the same.

Comment

Hitler signature

From a few years I have the following photo with signature, that I repute not printed, of Adolph Hitler. To the back of the following photo is printed a stamp of which I don't understand the translation In Italian linguage. Could you help giving me for me your opinion about it?

Comment

foto make with scanner
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X