Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanted this set too but it got way past my pockets. $26k after premium. My DE standard didn't cost that much.

Greg

Comment

So Greg and Martin - both of you put in bids?

Mil

Comment

I bid also but was quickly outbid.

With this realized price it would break down , IMO, as such:

Coburg badge around 10K Euros,
        Document around 4K Euros (only the 3rd or 4th I have seen)
        Pins have been known to get around 1K Euros each
        Add the booklet and some other paperwork items and the "fact" that it is an attributed group and you are not too far off for a total Euros price.

The two (one pinback and one screwback) L/52 silver WMC 1st Class with Swords (separated from this Coburg group) went for near $4,000 USD each with commission. I had really wanted them but bowed out when the price for one reached $2K......

Some excellent prices if you were selling.

Gary B
        ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

The pins are of particular interest. Note in the obverse photo, that the last 2 appear to have the die flaws on the swastika, what many like to see on the pins. On the reverse photo we see that one of the die flawed pieces is RZM marked 1/52 for Deschler.

I believe up until this point we have not seen a die flawed RZM marked piece.

Gary B
          Attached Files

Comment

One of the best groups in a long time. I too was outbid, things got pretty wild very fast.

Anyone here got it???

Comment

Originally posted by Reinhard2 View Post
              I don't like this pin in 900 silver. The details are not clear at all if you compare it for example with the miniature of the first type. Silver is the best metal to copy badges because it doesn't shrink.
              Isn't it the mold that shrinks after hardening?

Comment

Top items as always will fetch top prices. One of the best Coburg sets ever.

Mil

Comment

It is interesting to note that this set had 3 stickpins. I wonder why the CB holder had 3 stick pins? And returning back to the stickpins, the last two shows the die flaw. The first one actually looks crisp, but sans the die flaw. The Deschler one is most controversial. It has never turned up before, except a few weeks ago on a UK auction site. The knurled pins are exactly identical. I don't like the Deschler marking for several reasons. Just my two cents.

Mil

Comment

Just a couple of thoughts:

I would assume that additional examples of the CB, including the stickpin version, would be available to anyone who could prove they were entitled to wear it/them?

Interesting that only one of the stickpins is RZM-marked. Since the primary CB badge did not carry any RZM or other marking, is it understandable that the stickpin version would need to carry that distinction...and if so, did the presence or the absence of that marking depend upon the maker of the badge?

Interesting conversation!

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                      Just a couple of thoughts:

I would assume that additional examples of the CB, including the stickpin version, would be available to anyone who could prove they were entitled to wear it/them?

Interesting that only one of the stickpins is RZM-marked. Since the primary CB badge did not carry any RZM or other marking, is it understandable that the stickpin version would need to carry that distinction...and if so, did the presence or the absence of that marking depend upon the maker of the badge?

Interesting conversation!

Br. James
                      Just a reminder the 2nd pattern Coburg badge did carry an RZM mark.

The RZM mark on the pin is for Deschler, who is thought to have made the full sized badge.

Gary B

Comment

"Just a reminder the 2nd pattern Coburg badge did carry an RZM mark."

Thanks very much, Gary! It's important to note this aspect, as well.

Br. James

Comment

Is there any link for the 189 mark on the CB with the Deschler firm?

Mil

Comment

its mostly always the same, if you want something nice you need to pay more then you want Same with me some weeks ago with something else ...

Comment

Originally posted by Military View Post
                              Is there any link for the 189 mark on the CB with the Deschler firm?

Mil
                              No, the 189 number remains a mystery

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
                                No, the 189 number remains a mystery
                                Thanks, Erich. What are your thoughts regarding the Deschler stamped mini stickpin? I have concerns.

Mil

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X