• Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPB 71,682 to Gaulieter/General Kommisar Wilhelm Kube

GPB 71,682 to Gaulieter/General Kommisar Wilhelm Kube
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Coleman View Post
      The 24 mm. badge of SA Obersturmbannfuhrer Georg Staab. Staab was one of the founding members of his SA Standarte in Speyer. Wounded numerous times in street fights with the Red Front, Staab was given the honor of carrying the DE of his Standarte.
      Bob-

Amazing piece of history you have there. Nice to see you have his SA Sports badge book as well. Do you have anything else to Staab?

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
        I was curious as my 30mm 1943 A.H. also has a brooch pin and that concerned me. I was thinking I had to find a female awardee like Schlotz-Klink or someone but on the 1943 list who would have used the large badge brooch pin on their feminine design uniform. I thought all the guys would have wanted the military style pin. This is a relief is it is a 30mm!
        Joe, most of the 30mm badges were with the brooch pin while the Military style were in the minority.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Coleman View Post
          The 24 mm. badge of SA Obersturmbannfuhrer Georg Staab. Staab was one of the founding members of his SA Standarte in Speyer. Wounded numerous times in street fights with the Red Front, Staab was given the honor of carrying the DE of his Standarte.
          A great badge Bob and one attributed to one of the true Alte Kampfers.

Comment

I purchased this 24 mm Deschler badge recently..... I also received a research packet from Robert McDivitt, attributing this badge to a Heinrich Muller....

(no, not THE Heinrich Muller...

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.....

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
              I was curious as my 30mm 1943 A.H. also has a brooch pin and that concerned me. I was thinking I had to find a female awardee like Schlotz-Klink or someone but on the 1943 list who would have used the large badge brooch pin on their feminine design uniform. I thought all the guys would have wanted the military style pin. This is a relief is it is a 30mm!
              Joe-
              The AH pins were evidently all presented with the brooch pin. In the Kunstmann file, there is a letter from Kunstmann requesting that the majority of his badges were to have the mounting changed to the stud form. This was accomplished through the Gauamt.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Johnson View Post
                Bob-

Amazing piece of history you have there. Nice to see you have his SA Sports badge book as well. Do you have anything else to Staab?

Rob
                Rob-
                The badge was part of a grouping of material that included Staab's early all brown kepi, his NSDAP membership book, 1929 Nurnburg badge along with the larger table medal, SA Sportsabzeichen with Urkunde, Potsdam Badge, Eichorn ground Rohm dagger and a WW2 Iron Cross 2nd Class and several early books.

Comment

Originally posted by bobcam1 View Post
                  I purchased this 24 mm Deschler badge recently..... I also received a research packet from Robert McDivitt, attributing this badge to a Heinrich Muller....

(no, not THE Heinrich Muller...
                  Was that the other Heinrich Muller in the SS? He was a doctor wasn't he? I believe I have his file if he is the one for that number.

Comment

Thanks for the delightful information Bob. That is a relief to know. Know I can dig out the 1943 list and make my % attribution calculations.

Comment

I also have a set of badges attributed to a Heinrich Mueller. very interesting. I guess Mueller is like John Smith. My Mueller was researched to be a teacher. I plan on getting more research on this fellow.

Greg
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by realone View Post
                        since I dont read german,,,hard to say what he did,,,I had Robert Mc Divitt do the research,,,,what a great job he does too,,,I have about 30 plus pages of docs,,,,,,,,Thanks Greg Scotto
                        FYI ... the letter is from the Gauleiter office to the cash administration dept. of the NSDAP. It´s a request for a replacement GPB for Andreas Bang (who was secretary of the Gau).

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Domian View Post
                          I also have a set of badges attributed to a Heinrich Mueller. very interesting. I guess Mueller is like John Smith. My Mueller was researched to be a teacher. I plan on getting more research on this fellow.

Greg
                          Are you saying your's are #64642, too or another number, Greg ?

Comment

They are another number 77036.

Greg

Comment

Thanks for the Info,,,nice to know,,,,Greg,,,,,,Ivbaust

Comment

Ah gbp

Here is Adolf Kunstmann's stud- type AH GBP which Bob referred to earlier. This is the only large size AH GBP with a button-hole stud fastening which I know of.

Stan
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X