No announcement yet.

Studio Portrait blood order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rich, I made a copy of the pdf file you sent, then scanned it for a Jpeg. Here is the result. You have a ribbon for the Anschluss medal as far as I can see. The stripe configuration is identical and so is the backing, save for yours is more of an orangish hue. The identification in the G-2 tech manual is irrelevant. Someone called it "entry into austria". They called the Sudetenland medal "entry into sudetenland". The medal ribbons are identical to the Anschluss and Sudentenland medal ribbons. Whether Angolia mentioned "entry" is irrelevant too. The medal was awarded to those Germans that particpated in the action by which German forces entrered Austria in task forces;police, military and civilians.

The stripe arrangement is identical. The ribbons are the same. How yours came to be orangish color can only be speculative. You say that light didn't hit it. Well, that has been since you owned it. What happened before you bought it? Dye lot problems for a medal ribbon awarded in the 100s of 1000s is possible. Whatever. I am convinced your BO came with a loose Anschluss ribbon. That is what it is. No special BO ribbon or whatever.
    Attached Files

Comment

The last two devices are clearly for the 15 and 10 year NSDAP long service awards - no police medal here. The first ones on the bar are WWI - maybe Prussian or Bavarian crosses and he would also have a Hindenburg Cross with swords based on the other medals. If he had the 1923-25 General Gau badge he wouldn't have been Austrian.

Comment

Originally posted by sjl View Post
        The last two devices are clearly for the 15 and 10 year NSDAP long service awards - no police medal here.
        The first ribbons on the bar are WWI - maybe Prussian or Bavarian crosses and he would also have a Hindenburg Cross with swords based on the other medals.
        If he had the 1923-25 General Gau badge he wouldn't have been Austrian.
        That is why I think it is so surprising. Looking at the ribbing I do not think that those ribbons are the BMVKx (definetly NOT the BMVOx) and a Luitpold (which self excluded anyway). I am 90% certain those are Austrians.

There were some odd personalities floating around the early NSDAP.
        I know of two Austrians that fit this "Altkampfer" status and one was in Munich in 1923.

By the way S., does the 1943 NSDAP organizationbuch contain the GPB list that is in the 1936? Great GPB page! I asked your friend to give me some basic GPB stats (pre #27,500 -that is parrty members for 1925) from his 11,000+ database and offered to pay lavishly, but he only does names.
        I was disappointed as I would like to confirm RR's suspiscions regarding the number of 25 NSDAP DAs out there.
        Last edited by McCulloh; 04-08-2009, 10:43 AM. Reason: add sentence

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X