No announcement yet.

Martin Bormann White Tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a sneaking feeling that you must have come across something like that Do you know whether any of the uniforms belonging to the personalities I mentioned survived?

Comment

Another wonderful piece Bob. The things from your collection have one disadvantage. They make my collection look like junk! If you ever start collecting Japanese swords and selling your 3rd Reich stuff. I would like to be first in line, but I bet so would about 1/2 of the collectors out there.
      Richard V

Comment

Bormann's Uniform

Very nice tunic indeed Bob. The Lodenfrey shop is still in business and I regularly shop there when I'm in Munich. It is one of the best clothes shops in town.

Stan

Comment

Outstanding, Bob. Simply outstanding

Having had the pleasure of seeing Bill Shea's Bormann tunic (along with the rest of Bill's personal collection ) I have to say that pictures just can't do these tunics any justice. The jacket and insignia has to be seen in person to get a true appreciation of the quality of the materials and the craftsmanship that went into producing the uniforms for the upper-crust of the 3rd Reich.

Bob, thanks for sharing with us yet another gem from your magnificent collection!

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Schmusi View Post
            I had a sneaking feeling that you must have come across something like that Do you know whether any of the uniforms belonging to the personalities I mentioned survived?
            SCHMUSI-
            ALTHOUGH I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANY HIGH RANKING H J UNIFORMS THAT ARE ATTRIBUTED TO A PERSONALITY, I AM SURE SOME EXIST BOTH IN COLLECTIONS AND STILL STORED IN THE FOOT LOCKERS OF SOME VETS. IN MOST CASES, THE AMERICAN MILITARY AUTHORITIES WERE FAR MORE LIBERAL WHEN IT CAME TO THEIR SOLDIERS TAKING SOUVENIRS THAN OUR BRITISH AND FRENCH ALLIES. IN THE 60'S, I MET AN EX 101ST AIRBORNE VET WHO HAD TAKEN A STRADIVARIUS VIOLIN OUT OF THE HOUSE OF A KREISLEITER. THAT, HE HAD TO GIVE BACK TO THE OWNER.

Comment

Bob is this yours now?
              If yes i m speech less in front of such a piece of history

Comment

Bob, i believe the armband might be attached the wrong way up? I was of the impression that the oakleaves were supposed to sweep upwards. Interesting oversight on Bormann's part if it is on upside down. Wonderful tunic, thanks for showing. Mark.

Comment

What a wonderful tunic.

Comment

Originally posted by uknews View Post
                    Bob, i believe the armband might be attached the wrong way up? I was of the impression that the oakleaves were supposed to sweep upwards. Interesting oversight on Bormann's part if it is on upside down. Wonderful tunic, thanks for showing. Mark.

MARK-
                    I NOTICED THAT AFTER LOOKING AT THE PICTURE. IT IS ATTACHED WITH SNAPS SO THE FIX IS EASY. HOWEVER, IT IS NOT UNUSUAL TO SEE THIS COMMON ERROR IN PERIOD PHOTOS OF MISAPPLIED 4TH PATTERN ARMBANDS.
                    BOB

Comment

This is a wonderful tunic.
                      And from a top third-Reich personality.
                      Not bad at all

Regards
                      Derek

Comment

This is just a great uniform! Thanks for showing this

Regards, Theo
                        Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Martin Bormann White Tunic

Wonderful, historic tunic, Bob! It is intersting to see the Lodenfrey label on this item. They must have been a very active shop during the TR period and catered to all ranks. I have an early SS, NCO tunic produced by Lodenfrey.
                          Not labeled but stamped with name and size. Here is a photo.

Thanks,
                          George
                          Attached Files

Comment

That is one great uniform Bob.Do you also have a visor that matches the tunic or is that hard to come by.

Comment

Originally posted by pantservuist View Post
                              That is one great uniform Bob.Do you also have a visor that matches the tunic or is that hard to come by.
                              A REICHSLEITER VISOR CAP WOULD BE PIPED WITH GOLD METALIC PIPING SIMILAR TO THAT USED BY GENREAL OFFICER RANKS. SUCH A HAT IS EXTREMELY RARE, EVEN MORE SO IN WHITE. I DOUBT IF ONE WILL EVER COME MY WAY.

Comment

Sorry for bumping this thread, but that is a wonderful tunic Bob!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X