Martin Bormann White Tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martin Bormann White Tunic

This White Tunic Of Martin Bormann's Was Retrieved From The Basement Of The Berghof By Warrant Officer Robert G. Eiland, 3rd Infantry Division, U. S. Army. It Was One Of Two He Brought Back As Souvenirs From His Tour Thru Africa, Sicily, Italy Southern France And Germany. The Tunics Were Likely Looted From Bormann's Summer House By Soldiers Who Then Abandoned Them In Order To Carry Out A H Silver And Other Goodies Found In Hitler's Summer Residence
    Attached Files

Reichsleiter Kampfbinde
    Attached Files

Comment

Right Collar Tab
      Attached Files

Comment

Left Collar Tab
        Attached Files

Comment

Fantastic Bob, A real historic treasure! If the Gold Party Badge is original to the tunic I would be at a loss for words!!

Comment

Bob,

Is this one of the two that Bill Shea bought? I know he kept one but I was not sure if there were more floating around.

John

Comment

Tailor's Label. Three Known Bormann White Tunic Exist In Collections In The U.S.A. All Bear The Same Tailor's Label.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Bob Coleman; 10-21-2007, 07:09 PM.

Comment

WONDERFUL BOB - BORMANN SEEMED VERY SMALL AND DUMPY IN FOOTAGE - HOW DOES THIS ONE COMPARE TO HIS ALLEDGED BODYTYPE/FRAME? ANY MAKER MARKS?

Comment

Name Tag
                  Attached Files

Comment

R Z M Tag
                    Attached Files

Comment

To Answer The Questions So Far:

The Gold Party Badge Is Genuine But Not Bormann's

Yes, It Is One Of The Two Bill Had. All Three White Tunics Are In Jeff Clark's Book.

The Size Is For A Broad, Stocky Man And Would Confirm The Body Shape One Would Assume For Bormann

The Warrant Officer Who Brought This Back Wrote A Book Based On His Diaries For His Families. Bill And I Both Have A Copy. In It, He Describes Finding The Tunics, Which He Thought Were Hitler's. They Were Originally Offered To The Smithsonian, Who Declined Any Interest.

Comment

Bob, I never tire of seeing this tunic. I seem to recall a pic of Bormann wearing this exact tunic--I will check around.
                        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Bob,

I was just curious. A very beautiful tunic. Bormann seemed to be such an odd man but he was in control toward the end. I would love to have a beautiful tunic of this calibre in collection. It is very nice to see photos of such a nice and rare piece.

Thank you,
                          John

Comment

Wow, yet another treasure I was wondering Bob whether you had anything in your collection from any of the HJ big names: von Schirach, RĂ¼diger, Axmann, Lauterbacher?

Comment

Originally posted by Schmusi View Post
                              Wow, yet another treasure I was wondering Bob whether you had anything in your collection from any of the HJ big names: von Schirach, RĂ¼diger, Axmann, Lauterbacher?
                              SCHMUSI-
                              NO, NOTHING LIKE THAT HAS EVER COME MY WAY. I DID OWN A PULLOVER H J BROWNSHIRT THAT WAS THE TYPE WORN UNDER THE TUNIC. IT WAS VON SCHIRACH'S IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY. I GOT IT ALONG WITH A FEW GORING ITEMS FROM ONE OF THE TWO GERMAN SPEAKING ARMY SARGEANTS WHO STRIPPED ALL OF THE INSIGNIA FROM THE UNIFORMS OF THE TOP NAZI OFFICIALS. IT WAS NOTHING SPECIAL AND I SOLD IT MANY YEARS AGO WHEN I WAS STILL SERIOUSLY COLLECTING JAPANESE SWORDS.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X