ScapiniMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about a thread of some Political Leader uniforms?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Bob,

Jeff Clark and I talked this piece a while back.
    I asked a similar question.

He sent me an interesting photo of Reichsleiter Ley on a tour with many other Political Leaders. Among them, clearly seen in front was a Reichs level haupt (or ober) Dienstleiter with shoulder boards, the piped (only) armband, and no cuff title.

The boards are sewn in in a very solid manner (no gaps).
    The thread on all the buttons match the thread used to attach the tabs. If you p.m. me your e-mail address, I'd be happy to send you hi-res detailed photos of the piece.

kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
      Hello Bob,

Jeff Clark and I talked this piece a while back.
      I asked a similar question.

He sent me an interesting photo of Reichsleiter Ley on a tour with many other Political Leaders. Among them, clearly seen in front was a Reichs level haupt (or ober) Dienstleiter with shoulder boards, the piped (only) armband, and no cuff title.

The boards are sewn in in a very solid manner (no gaps).
      The thread on all the buttons match the thread used to attach the tabs. If you p.m. me your e-mail address, I'd be happy to send you hi-res detailed photos of the piece.

kevin
      Kevin-
      Thank you for the response. My question was inquisitory only. There i so much that is unknown when it comes to the political school insignia and uniforms. Political officers were attached to the Ordensburg and also the NPEA schools. I am sure this is what would account for the collar tabs on your uniform. A few years back, I picked up two tunics for a Kreisoberbereichsleiter, one double breasted with Kreisleiter kampfbinde. It can be seen on page 50 of Jeff's book. Both pieces had come from the same vet. The other tunic was a very late war unlined NPEA tunic with the Kreisoberbereichsleiter collar tabs and no kampfbinde. I am sure your tunic and mine are examples of the political leaders attempting to have their uniforms conform in design closer to those of the military. My thoughts are that your tunic belonged to a political leader attached to one of the Ordensburg schools, which would account for the shoulder straps. Another possibility is he was a political instructor at the Reichslager Fur Beamten at Bad Tolz. That is less likely as the school had their own distinctive collar tabs of silver broad arrows on a choclate brown base. I am sure there will someday be period documents located that explain both your tunic and mine. Attached is an image of my odd NPEA tunic. The Nazis certainly made unbelievable multiple uniform and insignia modifications during the 12 years they were in power.
      Attached Files

Comment

Bob,

Indeed the PL school area is a very interesting subject.
        Here's a close-up of the shoulder board.

kevin
        Attached Files

Comment

hello

this is my PL musiker

Comment

My Modest Addition to this Thread

Hello Gentlemen,

Here is my one and most likely only, Political Officer's Uniform display. Many thanks to my friend Jeff Clark who helped me create this display! I present to you a Model 1939 service tunic and Visor Cap for an Ortsgruppe Obergemeinschaftsleiter.

Enjoy,
            Vince Leone

Last edited by Jeff Clark; 12-10-2009, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Outstanding Display Sftrooper86! Simple, Clean, Elegant Obergemeinschaftsleiter....Excellent Example. and, with
              Jeff Clark's involvement...icing on the Cake. Congrats.

Comment

hello

Here are my orstgruppen

Comment

swpblitz, congrats on a fresh display!

vince, you too!!

welcome additions to the thread...

Comment

Gau Level Chief Judge (‘Chamber President’ - Kammervorsitzender)

Sorry about the bad pictures I am looking for a full body manequin, the ribbon bar is as close as I had and I am looking for a 5 or 6 place ribbon bar that would be appropriate.
                    Jack
                    Attached Files

Comment

It has the RZM inside the collar and somewhere in the pants.
                      Jack
                      Attached Files

Comment

My first one with a silver buckle. And it might be one of my favourite NSDAP sets.
                        Hope people enjoy it.
                        Jack
                        Attached Files

Comment

These uniforms are stunning. I can remember collecting in the 70s when you couldn't give NSDAP uniforms away. Everyone wanted the military and SS ones. How times have changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie Brule View Post
                            These uniforms are stunning. I can remember collecting in the 70s when you couldn't give NSDAP uniforms away. Everyone wanted the military and SS ones. How times have changed.
                            Only the prices of the "political" stuff has changed... interest is still the same ! try to sell a PL uniform, you will see

An original regular made black A-SS officer cap at 15 k is sold in day ! how long did it take to sell a beautifull "Reichsleiter" visor ???
                            Straßburger / When in doubt do without...
                            - Looking for : SS TK «Oberbayern» flatwire CT.

Comment

Maybe people are somewhat scared to admit they like these uniforms.I mean there is the direct link to the naziparty.If you have some WH or SS uniforms it is easier to explain.Just collecting military stuff

I know several collectors that have tons of stuff but always seem to apologize for it..claiming they have some allied material too

Just my 2 cents,

Etienne

Comment

Etienne, you got mail (about something else)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X