1925 Tradition Gau Abzeichen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1925 Tradition Gau Abzeichen

The Gau Badges Were Awarded To Individuals For Outstanding Service To The N S D A P During The Struggle For Power. This Model Badge Is Issued With The Dates 1923 And 1925. It Is Also The Only Gau Badge Issued By Multiple Gau. The Badge Comes In
    A Version With An Enamel Swastika And, As In The Case Of This Badge, A Painted Finish
    Attached Files

Reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

Pin Raised
      Attached Files

Comment

Manufacturer Mark
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice badge Bob here's my 1923 one

Comment

A photo would help
            Attached Files

Comment

Rear view, note the alpacca mark on the wreath.
              Surprised these badges don't get shown more often on thr forum.
              Regards
              Steve
              Attached Files

Comment

STEVE-
                BEAUTIFUL EXAMPLE! I AGREE THAT THESE BADGES ARE SELDOM POSTED. ONE REASON THESE WERE NOT SEEN MAY BE THAT IN THE PAST, THERE WAS NOT AN APPROPRIATE FORUM TO POST THE POLITICAL AWARDS. LET'S SEE MORE OF THE POLITICAL BADGES AND MEDALS.

Comment

Super examples! I've never seen an Alpacca marked version--very neat! I'll try to take a photo of mine--it's the lacquered silver type, but with the thin pin rather than the double pin.
                  Erich
                  Festina lente!

Comment

Hello all,

Why the difference in enamel vs. paint between the same makers, is one earlier issue?

William Kramer
                    Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

I am always looking for the faults on the back of the wreath, which I do see on the second example posted. The first has next to none ?

Comment

These badges are absolutely superb. Thanks for showing them

Jim

Comment

Beautiful badges wich are seldom seen, thanks for posting!

Comment

Ausweis for the 1923/1925 Traditions Gau Ehrenzeichen

This badge has piqued my interest as I apparently have an auweis that was awarded with one given by the Gauleiter of Sachsen. Does anyone else have an ausweis from the Gauleiter of one of the six Gaues using the design? Or has anyone ever seen an ausweis?

Looking at the various Organisationsbuchs issued from 1936 to 1943, as well a the Dohle 1943 edition, it is evident that the name and number of Gaues using the badge changed over the years.

From 1936 (1st printing) through 1937 (4th printing), the Gau Ehrenzeich was used by Gaues Sachsen, Bayrische-Ostmark,Halle-Merseburg, Hesse-Nassau, Magdeburg-Anhalt, Mecklenburg-Lubech and Schwaben (1923). In the 1938 (5th printing) issue, the first five badges were retained and Mecklenburg shortened. Schwaben was gone. This continued through the 1941 issue (6th printing). In the 7th printing of 1943, there were no Gau badge listings.

Dohle in 1943 listed the Gau badges as including the original list of 1936 less Schwaben, but only Mecklenburg and not Lubeck.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
                              Ausweis for the 1923/1925 Traditions Gau Ehrenzeichen
                              Please post pictures !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X