No announcement yet.

Coburg Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEED TO SEE THE VERY SPECIAL VERSION. sILVER WITH RED ENAMELD SWASTIKA.

Comment

Hello Warlord,

I remember handling that special version when it was owned, in 1970, by Bill Rasmussen, of Royal Oaks, Michigan. Bill also owned the prototype Eagle Orders with red enamel. They were special to hold then and would be more special as my appreciation for the truely rare has matured.

Bob Hritz
      In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

BOB YOU ARE SO RIGHT. RARE WAS RARE, KNOW SPECIAL.But were do you find them? The hand made Gold Eagle ordre. The first Olympic games cross.

Comment

Bob, (and others) thanks again for sharing one of your wonderful pieces on this forum. Your collection has been a delight to view and makes me ever more interested in the political aspect of 3rd Reich collecting. There were some truly spectacular items which nearly qualify as works of art in this collecting niche. Now if I can only break my kid's habit of eating I might actually be able to afford some similarly rare pieces for my collection!
          Richard V

Comment

Ufortunatly I can not post, but this might be of interest

http://stirnpanzer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=77

Comment

Bob H, very nice set of badges! i love that 1st pattern one, wow i have never owned one of these but would like to one day. but that 1st pattern is really nice!!

greg koepp

Comment

Fabulous badges! Best close-ups I've ever seen of these. I've never held one in my hand, and I doubt I'll ever be able to own one, but I have a pretty nice original pic of Walter Buch wearing his. Enjoy! Ammersee

[IMG][/IMG]
                [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

After reading the recent Blood Order thread, I thought I would see what is on the forum for the Coburg Badge, and then bring this back up.

As you can see little is posted on the badge for the age of this thread, which speaks heaps for its rarity.

If your fortunate enough to hold one of these in your collection today, regardless of issue, feel very fortunate indeed.

Bob, the finish on your badge for its age is remarkable.
                  Last edited by Rich Moran; 03-24-2008, 03:17 AM.

Comment

Coburg Badge

Here are some better photos of my 2nd pattern Coburg Badge.

The dimensions are 55.2mm x 40.3mm and the weight is 26.9g.

Stan
                    Attached Files

Comment

Coburg Badge

Reverse.

Stan
                      Attached Files

Comment

Great badge Stan! When you talk rare this important Political badge comes to mind.

Comment

I am curious why the producer of the RZM variation was not required to stamp its permit information on the badge. Who was this producer?

Comment

I have never read who the makers of the 1st or 2nd patterns were. All the first patterns for example have no markings at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                              These are the 2 versions of the badge. The badge to the left is the RZM type and the badge to the right is the original 1st issue type.

Bob Hritz
                              Wow... Stunning badges, Bob!

Rob

Comment

I thought that I would add a pic of my first pattern Coburg badge. The catch is period replaced and the badge was an indirect Vet pic up.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 9 users online. 0 members and 9 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X