No announcement yet.

N S K K Ehrenfuhrer Ritter V Epp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very cool story Bob, thanks for telling. weird how things sometimes come back together after all these years?

Bob do you have a photo of what the Dagger looks like?

greg

Comment

I Only Know The Verbal History That The Dagger Did Exist And Came In The Same Lot. I Have No Idea What It Looks Like. It Has Been In A Collection For Over 40 Years And Never Showed In Any Reference Book

Comment

Bob, is the collection here in the USA like the items of your? or did it go over sea's?

also Bob, do you know who the collector is or just in a collection somewhere?

it would be great to find out if it really is a unique dagger and if it has, hangers or what ever might have came with it.

what dreams are made of! maybe one day you can add it to your grouping?

greg

Comment

The Information Came From A Prominent Dealer Who Knows It's Location. It Sounded Like It Was In An Old "closet" Collection And Had Been There For Many Years. Someday, It May Appear.

Comment

Wow Bob! This is incredibly impressive. If you ever decide to sell please let me know. I might have won the lottery by then. Sadly I could probably not even afford to buy a sleeve off the coat of something this rare! The stuff that dreams are made of for us mere mortal collectors.
            Richard V

Comment

Bob--do you have pix of von Epp wearing this ensemble? I know I have seen it somewhere, and I am 90% sure it was in the old Bender book entitled "The Hitler Albums" that dealt with Mussolini's state visit to Germany in 1938--does anyone here have the book to check?
              If he didn't wear it then, I believe he wore it on the reciprocal visit to Italy that same year. In the meantime, I'll keep looking.
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Chris-
                I Have Never Seen A Picture Of Von Epp In The Overcoat. He Is Seen Wearing This Form Of Kepi On The Cover Of Mark Yerger's
                "allgemeine-ss, The Commands, Units And Leaders Of The General Ss." Like Any Person Of His Position And Finances, I Am Sure He Had Several N S K K Uniforms. The Photo On The Cover Of Mark's Book Clearly Shows Von Epp In N S K K Uniform. However, He Is Not Wearing The "ehrenfuhrer" Cufftitle On His Tunic. The Attached Picture Is From The Cover Of Mark's Book. Von Epp Is Standing Between Himmler And Daluege
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Bob,

That isn't von Epp, but von Hassel. He was killed for his role in the conspiracy against Hitler in '44.

Best,

Laurens

Comment

There is a photo of von Epp wearing a tunic with the sleeveband in the vol. 4 Headgear book on page 312. Bob, is there a Freikorps von Epp diamond on the sleeve or signs that it was there at one time?
                    Erich

ERICH-
                    THERE IS NO SIGN OF THE INSIGNIA. THE COAT IS DATED 1938 SO POSSIBLY, HE DISCONTINUED WEAR OF THE INSIGNIA BY THAT TIME. POSSIBLY, HE DID NOT BOTHER TO WEAR IT WITH HIS OVERCOAT.
                    Last edited by Bob Coleman; 05-26-2007, 11:46 AM.
                    Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by laurens View Post
                      Hi Bob,

That isn't von Epp, but von Hassel. He was killed for his role in the conspiracy against Hitler in '44.

Best,

Laurens
                      LAURENS-
                      THANK YOU. MY MISTAKE. TOO MANY OLD MEN WITH BRUSH MUSTACHE!

Comment

Bob--my memory is shot, too--I believe I was confusing von Epp with von Hassell as well!
                        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X