White Named Gauleiter Tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark-
    Well Stated. To Me, What Is Imortant Is The Uniform And Insignia Are Real. If The Identity Of The Owner Is Misidentified, As We Discussed, I Could Care Less. What Is Important Is That It Is A Genuine White Gauleiter Tunic With Very Rare Original Insignia.

Comment

Bob:

Agreed. That is the most important point. These tabs are among the rarest of all Political leaders insignias and represents another find in the area of collecting. What is also important is that if the tunic does not belong to Sprenger -- then it must belong to the one of the actual recipients of the Blood Order and those names aren't bad either !

Mark

Comment

Considering that political leaders of this level were required to have annual physical check ups, especially after the unfortunate incident with Wagner, would it not be possible to check the height/weight of the blood order recipients from their personell profiles, which i believe are held at NARA..and see who would be the better fit for the tunic, when measured?

Comment

Despite all that being said here I'm bringing this thread to the top with a simple question, could some one tell me why is the slit hip pockets white tunic without wine colored piping and the patch style pockets white tunic has wine collar piping, was there a specific regulation for it?

Comment

Great tunic and history with it Bob!!

Comment

Has anyone seen if the other Gauleiters were awarded the afrikacorps cufftitle?

Comment

I don't know of ANY Gauleiters awarded the "Afrika" cuff title. Jakob Sprenger was surely not a recipient.

~ Mike

Comment

Yes and as someone said earlier its in an illustration in the German uniforms of the third reich by Davis that shows a white NSDAP tunic with an Afrika cuff on it,odd thing is most of the illustrations are copied from ACTUAL photographs! I have teh book ill try and find teh pic unless someone does first. I wonder now if this tunic has been made up in several instances.Rare tabs added post war ,medal bar,cuff title,blood order,possibly all these parts added together,just too much is wrong.

Comment

Happen to have an early gauliter tunic with the BO ribbon.

Any source available to understand the sizes of the 6 awardees of the BO for the tunics with the early double gold bullion oakleaves?

Comment

That ribbon bar puzzles me.....
                      I have never seen a bar this big, even von Epp's bar is smaller....
                      and the combination and placing of the ribbons make it really awkward for me

Any thoughts?

Regards,
                      Nicolas

Comment

Ribbon

Nicolas,
                        I assume long bars were rare but not impossible. Here is another exceptionally long ribbon bar.
                        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=245860

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Coleman View Post
                          This Tunic Was Veteran Purchased...
                          Spoken word of confirmation only - VET.

UNFORTUNATELY, WHEN THIS WAS PURCHASED NEARLY 30 YEARS AGO, THERE WAS NOT THE CONCERN FOR WRITTEN PROVENANCE AS THERE IS TODAY. ,
                          How then do you explain the multitude of Anny Winter and Emil Maurice supposed signed letters of provenance dating back to 1962, for simple items like Tinnies and Ribbons? 55 years ago!! when..according to you... only 30 years ago it was of no concern to get any provenance.

Interesting Image! As The Provenance On This Piece Is Rock Solid....
                          Rock solid? Because you made a claim that you bought it 30 years ago from a vet? A very sad and legless claim of authenticity indeed!

Comment

my God people make it like 30 years ago was wartime!!
                            It was 1987!!! Thats nothing my friends nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by Gaspare View Post
                              my God people make it like 30 years ago was wartime!!
                              It was 1987!!! Thats nothing my friends nothing!
                              Agreed, there are a few collectors books from the 1950`s even warning about fakes and fantasy items. Even Littlejohn in the 60`s warns about this in his books.

btw, not talking about the item here, just highlighting what the actual the "Rock solid proof" is on this thread, as many times people get blided by the "name & items", and don`t see past the "simple facts".

Comment

Look at this Sprenger picture. Although we only see one big bar I am not sure if he had in fact two but only wore one at that event.
                                Best regards, Thomas
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 13 users online. 0 members and 13 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X