German Order--2nd Class Neck Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GaPawn View Post
    Posting a picture is not giving away research.

So you (and he) are saying that there was a thriving market for fakes in the 1940's? I find that difficult to believe.
    My dear Sir, I´m afraid you misunderstood me. All you have is your store that pretty much reminds me the infamous Craig Gottlieb. I am NOT sayling that your story is not true but you did not show any prove at all but your word. Some people say "don´t buy the story, buy the piece". I agree to that. Also, please try to understand that nothing in this world cost more than information. Mr. Doyle´s collection will be donated to a museum, in Germany, of his choosen, so when time comes anyone can see those orginal German Orders he does have and their true, full history.
    Best Regards,
    Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Obermeyer View Post
      My dear Sir, I´m afraid you misunderstood me. All you have is your store that pretty much reminds me the infamous Craig Gottlieb. I am NOT sayling that your story is not true but you did not show any prove at all but your word. Some people say "don´t buy the story, buy the piece". I agree to that. Also, please try to understand that nothing in this world cost more than information. Mr. Doyle´s collection will be donated to a museum, in Germany, of his choosen, so when time comes anyone can see those orginal German Orders he does have and their true, full history.
      Best Regards,
      Chris.
      Odd, but you too offer nothing but words....

You sir, seem to be taking someone's word, that has a vested interest in creating an alternate reality. I, on the other hand, have nothing to gain by fabricating realities, as my Order is not, nor likely ever will be, for sale. Nor do I ever intend to donate it to a museum so as to gain a name for myself. Hence, I have no ulterior motive.

I know nothing of your "infamous Craig Gottlieb." However, I will assume that the comparison between our stories does not reflect well on my character. I am only somewhat gratified that you did choose to state that you are not saying that my story is not true. I shall rest slightly better tonight knowing that.

It is unfortunate that your reality collides with mine. However, I think, that I'll choose to believe what I KNOW to be true, because I have lived my story for over 50 years.

You may choose to believe as you see fit.

Comment

Originally posted by GaPawn View Post
        Odd, but you too offer nothing but words....

You sir, seem to be taking someone's word, that has a vested interest in creating an alternate reality. I, on the other hand, have nothing to gain by fabricating realities, as my Order is not, nor likely ever will be, for sale. Nor do I ever intend to donate it to a museum so as to gain a name for myself. Hence, I have no ulterior motive.

I know nothing of your "infamous Craig Gottlieb." However, I will assume that the comparison between our stories does not reflect well on my character. I am only somewhat gratified that you did choose to state that you are not saying that my story is not true. I shall rest slightly better tonight knowing that.

It is unfortunate that your reality collides with mine. However, I think, that I'll choose to believe what I KNOW to be true, because I have lived my story for over 50 years.

You may choose to believe as you see fit.
        Dear Sir,

First I am not interested in creating an alternate reality. my version about the true history os the German Order is based in decades of a hard work with incredible efforts. I am the one that is not looking to make money since I do not have a single Herman Order in my collectio but Mr. Aylson Doyle does. Even so, like I said, it was his decision and his only, the noble and wise decision to donate his collection to a German museum, that I fully agreed. The people trying to descredit him is another story by saying he is wrong but again no arguments and no prove at all, that they may be right, only what they want to believe, why? Who is trying to continue the lies?

You should know that all authors with published reference books agree that an original German Order is made in silver gilt. Your version is made in bronze and it has been around since late 50s untill today. I have collected over 200 German Orders just like yors, over the years, don´t you think that this is just too much? Don´t you see something wrong with this picture? It looks to me that you became aware of your CrossS close to the dates I said. So, Isn´t it possible that your Grandfather bought this somewher, for whatever reason, after the war during the 50s or 60s and you just don t kbow about?

Lastly, different opinions are natural in life, in a general way, and in special when collecting Third Reich, so we are not collding on anything.

Respectfully,
        Chris Obermeyer

Comment

I have no horse in the race but must note the following. It is impossible to discuss or debate Mr. Doyle's research without knowing what it is. Research can be valid, flawed or completely incorrect. No matter how advanced any perosn is, that still does not give anyone carte blanche when it comes to the facts.

Comment

If this does turn out good, it's the second super political find within a month

Comment

What is the other important political find this month?

Most collectors accept that these crosses were made by Deumer in Lüdenscheid. The evidence is supported by the "Deumer-style" hardware on the pin back cross and the fact that samples are shown in the Lüdenscheid Stadtmuseum. Those samples are made of Tombak NOT silver.

Does anyone have a copy of the Deumer sales catalogue showing these crosses?

Stan

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                What is the other important political find this month?

Most collectors accept that these crosses were made by Deumer in Lüdenscheid. The evidence is supported by the "Deumer-style" hardware on the pin back cross and the fact that samples are shown in the Lüdenscheid Stadtmuseum. Those samples are made of Tombak NOT silver.

Does anyone have a copy of the Deumer sales catalogue showing these crosses?

Stan

The Hans Zöberlein grouping posted a while back. At least in my opinion it was a super find.
                Last edited by kyles bullets; 04-02-2015, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kyles bullets View Post
                  The Hans Zöberlein grouping posted a while back. At least in my opinion it was a super find.
                  I agree Kyle... an awesome find indeed....

Comment

Thanks Kyle,

Just found it: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ns+Z%F6berlein

Stan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X