Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had to look at it again; WOW!

Comment

I have never seen this award before and perhaps there are others like me.Could one of you give a background description? I don't have a reference book that covers these decorations.Many thanks in advance,John Wilson

Comment

Originally posted by WARLORD View Post
        The Third class turns up from time to time. Many must have been produced, but the Order of the Dead is a different animal. These would have been ordered to the occasion. As a aside the presentation box, contained the three grades of the order, plus the two sizes of the Golden Party badge and the EXTREEEMLY RARE Silver Party badge in the two sizes. The item missing from the box is the Rune Sturn. This probably is the rarest of all the German awards.
        WARLORD-
        IT SEEMS YOU HAVE SEEN THE SAME SET I SAW BACK IN 1961 WHEN THE VET BROUGHT IT IN FOR SALE WITH ALL OF HIS OTHER TREASURES INCLUDING A GRAND CROSS AND A 1944 WOUND BADGE PLUS LOTS OF OTHER HIGH END MEDALS. BEST VET LOT I EVER SAW. ALL OF IT WAS BOUGHT FOR $300!

Comment

I am lucky to have photos of the presentation box. I also have the small siver party badge. This is one of the very special pieces in the collection. Few have ever seen these. As you remember the party badges in silver were stamped withe the rzm number. The Rune stern has elluded me.

Comment

German Order

Warlord,

Helmut Weitze offered me a Runenstern a couple of years ago. As you probably know, there is said to be only one known piece and it was made by Deumer. Andreas Thies auctioned one also in the recent past which might have been the same piece. Weitze's piece came with a Nimmergut expertise. He sold it at the Killesberg show last year.

Stan

Comment

I think there are more than this. I have heard of three examples. But who knows.

Comment

Bringing this thread back to the top because of 2 reasons. First is that it is one of the rarest awards of the TR in existence, and even though I am not a medal guy, it is my favorite. Second, I finally had the opportunity to meet Ron and Mike at the MAX after all these years--albeit only briefly. They are both terrific guys, and true assets to the hobby--you can count on 1 hand the # of advanced collectors willing to share their collections, and they more than deserve our thanks and appreciation.

Thanks, Ron & Mike, for all your contributions....
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Just thought some of you might like to know that there is one for sale now on Jamie Cross Militaria - he admits that he belives it to be a post war Souval copy, but it's interesting to see one none the less.

Comment

This one shown is a work of art, and a beauty. I saw one in the early 80s a guy wanted 5.000. for at the time, but wasnt convinced it was original. This one looks to have third reich quality all the way. I have always thought it was the most beautiful of all the awards. One we most likely will never have the chance to own let alone handle. Is it 900 silver and like an eagle order gold washed.? Nice ribbon also.

Comment

"
                      Just thought some of you might like to know that there is one for sale now on Jamie Cross Militaria - he admits that he belives it to be a post war Souval copy, but it's interesting to see one none the less."

Yes it is a Souval copy. A very beautiful piece in its own right. The price is most resonable.

The Originals sell for £25000.00, plus if you are luck to find one.

Comment

Hi Guys
                        Good thread on a great series of medals.Here is my GPB in silver.Unfortunately,I sold the second class Order of the Dead to Steve Wolfe and foolishly didn't take pictures.The badge is RZM marked
                        Best Regards
                        Paul
                        Attached Files

Comment

Is your Silver Golden Party badge the large or small. Also is the RZM 1/20

Comment

Hi Warlord
                            That's the beauty of international forums;at least someone,somewhere is awake.
                            The badge is the large one and is marked M1/120.Will post reverse pics as soon as I have them
                            Best regards
                            Paul

Comment

Love to see the reverse of the Silver GPB. I've always wondered about these prototype silver badges.

Comment

Just searching for something and came across this thread . WOW Ron you never cease to amaze me and absolutely stunning award quite incredible . Rob
                                God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X